A challenge!

Post by Mark Trancha » Fri, 09 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Right then, all you experts. Try this!

Many laptops use a workspace saving function, which seems to simply store a
dump of the data currently in memory to the disk, restoring it on next power-up.

Why not use a similar concept to allow `hot OS-swapping'? You could have
a DOS/Win95 image and a Linux image: pressing an appropriate hot-key would
swap one out and the other in. Obviously this is very simplified: each OS's
hardware manipulations would have to be detected and stored, but it sounds
like an ideal solution to all of the `I can't run Win95 under DOSEMU' and
`Is it possible to run Linux under Win95' questions, both of which are
completely out of the question at the moment.

Mark.

1. James Zepeda... I challenge you! (was Re: The OS flavor challenge!)

: Oh how I love your unbiased opinion.  Just because Microsoft has some
: incredible marketing skills, and a nice face to a really horrid operating
: system, which in many ways is more than MacOS will ever be, doesn't mean
: it "tastes like warm cow piss..".  I just love how you glorify your Linux,
: and make everything else look pale or inedible in comparison.  You realize
: that just about anybody could pick apart any argument you have for Linux,
: and your blind faith in Linux & Linus is nothing more than childliek
: stupidity don't you?

Oh, you stepped into it now, boy-oh!!!

Questions:

1.)  This was posted to c.o.l.a... my negative views on Windows was
     seen by Linux users, and trollers.  Who the fsck cares what you
     think?

2.)  If you think you can out-argue me, then why don't you?  Probably
     because you have seen how stupid I have made so many other NT
     ranters look.

Tell you what, James.  You pick a topic to argue about, and I will
argue.  Your choice... I don't care.  In other words...

I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE!  Now, you have to put up or shut up,
because I am crossposting this, so that I can show the others
what a fool you are acting like.
--
QUOTE:  Some people steppeth, where they should not.

[JA207030-TRON-RAM-FLYNN] <- leave this line in your e-mail reply

2. Patch Confusion

3. JOB: US-MN Unix System Admin Manager--- Up to $80k ----UNIX/HP/AIX Daily Challenges ! !

4. Rendition Verite Video Driver

5. The 1.44M Web Challenge

6. External SuperDisk PPD under Linux

7. Profitability of Linux being a challenge

8. Error msg in Apache 1.3.6... please help!

9. A Unique Challenge

10. DES Challenge.

11. term(inal) challenge: Mutt, SecureCRT, and color

12. X11 / TVTWM Challenge

13. Challenge-response programs