disk partions (iI am installing 3 OS'es, need > then 4 partions)

disk partions (iI am installing 3 OS'es, need > then 4 partions)

Post by James E. Bu » Sat, 06 May 1995 04:00:00

Hi,
   Does anyone know how to partion a drive (2meg scsi) so that it will have more then 4 partions.
That is using Linux of course. I would like to install 3 OS's on the drive, Linux, NT, and Solaris.
I have a problem with trying to boot any of the OS's over the 1024 sector. I have tried making
3 primary partiond and 1 large extended partion, which I split up into 4 more partions. This
gave me a total of 8 partion. I made 2 of the 4 partions in the extended partions native Linux
partions. When I tried to load Linux on to these partions I kept getting a message stating that
the partions where not a native Linux partion. Even though I had made them native partions in
an exsiting extended partion. I was only able to configure libux to load on a primary partion that
was not in the extended partion. If anyone has any ideas on this please let me know.

Thanks,
Jim

1. Re-partioning & Re-partioning & Re-partioning & Re-partioning

On Wed, 07 Nov 2001 11:25:08 GMT, Matthew Planchant

What does fdisk or cfdisk say about the partition table layout?

The amount of mounted usable space will vary depending on how the
filesystems are initialized, since the filesystem overhead will vary.

Best regards, Paul

Paul Sherwin Consulting     22 Monmouth Road, Oxford OX1 4TD, UK
Phone  +44 (0)1865 721438   http://www.psherwin.strayduck.com

2. 2 IP's on 1 NIC

3. Re-partioning Extended partion

4. Mandrake 8.0 boot problem

5. Installing disk sets on /dos partion.

6. Multi-Link PPP

7. Problem Installing Linux from another disk partion...?

8. slrn and editor problems..

9. installing linux on partioned disk

10. Need expert hint for good disk/partion layout

11. Has Anyone Sucessfully Partioned a 2nd drive which uses WD's Disk Manager??

12. need advice needed on partioning

13. Help, I'm in re-partion Hell and I can't find redemption