added a 3rd FAST IDE HDD, and I cannot access my IDE ATAPI CDROM

Post by Mark Lo » Sun, 28 Jul 1996 04:00:00

>Hi,

>I installed this afternoon a third FAST IDE HDD, so that my IDE ATAPI CDROM is
>now the fourth IDE device. When I now try to mount a CD, I get the following
>error message:
>mount: wrong fs type or bad superblock on /dev/cdrom

>How can I access my CDROM now?

Duh.  Look at /dev/cdrom/ and make sure that it points at /dev/hdd
instead of /dev/hdc.

--

For Linux IDE (big/many) help, see:  /usr/src/linux/Documentation/ide.txt
For latest Linux kernels: ftp.cs.helsinki.fi:/pub/Software/Linux/Kernel/v2.0/

Post by John Forko » Sun, 28 Jul 1996 04:00:00

: Hi,
: I installed this afternoon a third FAST IDE HDD, so that my IDE ATAPI CDROM is
: now the fourth IDE device. When I now try to mount a CD, I get the following
: error message:
: mount: wrong fs type or bad superblock on /dev/cdrom
: How can I access my CDROM now?
: Thanks,

Maybe you still have /dev/cdrom as a symbolic link to /dev/hdc.
If so, try
     ln -s /dev/hdd /dev/cdrom
and see whether or not that works.
Hope this helps,

Post by Frederic VELLIEU » Sun, 28 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I installed this afternoon a third FAST IDE HDD, so that my IDE ATAPI CDROM is
now the fourth IDE device. When I now try to mount a CD, I get the following
error message:
mount: wrong fs type or bad superblock on /dev/cdrom

How can I access my CDROM now?

Thanks,

1. unable to access IDE cdrom after adding another HDD

Hi there,

I use linux 1.2.8 on a pentium 100mHz with 2 HDDs and a cdrom drive.
However i am not able to access the cdrom drive ever since i added the
second HDD. 'cat /proc/interrupts' doesnt show irq 15.

The foll is my configuration:
before 2nd HDD :
linux 1.2.8, 540 mb HDD primary master, IDE cdrom primary slave...

after 2nd HDD:
linux 1.2.8, 540 mb HDD primary master, 1.6 gig primary slave, IDE cdrom
secondary master...

I have checked up the kernel and the foll are the settings for the kernel
i am using:

# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_HD is not set
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD=y
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_XD is not set

However, the same machine runs windows 95 and all the drives
work properly. I would be glad if someone helps me out on this.

Thank you in advance,

Hemant.

2. User PPP with AT&T Worldnet?

3. 2 IDE HDD and 1 IDE CDROM kernel supporting problem

4. ulimit

5. ATAPI CDROM with no IDE HDD in slackware 1.2.8

6. My perceptions of 2.0.31 after running it for a week

7. ide-cd driver and ATAPI-IDE CDROM

8. Server Access Logs

9. unable to access IDE/ATAPI cdrom

10. Atapi cdrom problem: wrong speed found by ide-cdrom

11. Two-channel ide controllers + 3rd ide drive?

12. Does the 1.3.57 Developmental Kernel support IDE Devices on the 3rd IDE Port

13. Help! Cannot access IDE CDROM