Finding (and installing) up to date rpms

Finding (and installing) up to date rpms

Post by bruc.. » Thu, 22 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hello all,

I was wondering if there is an easy way to find up-to-date rpms for my
linux system (redhat 6.0, i386).

I've looked on rpmfind.net, but I'm a bit confused by it.  For example,
I need an upgrade to enlightenment from 0.15.5-32 to 0.15.5-34 to get a
bugfix.  I looked in
http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/redhat/6.0/updates/i386/ which looks
like what I want, but there is no upgrade for enlightenment there.

Then I found
http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/rawhide/1.0/i386/RedHat/RPMS/enlight...
.15.5-34.i386.html , but is this correct?  I thought rawhide was the codename
for redhat 5.9...

If this is correct (or if I find some other repository), is there a
command in rpm which will upgrade all of my installed rpms (as in rpm -U
ftp://rpmsite/blah/blah/*.rpm ?)  I could write a simple script which
would do something like the following, but this won't work because the
versions numbers change.  Anyone have any ideas?

(I probably don't have the rpm syntax right)
##############
  #!/usr/bin/perl -w

    chop $rpm;
    rpm -U -p ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/rawhide/1.0/i386/RedHat/RPMS/$rpm
    print $rpm;
  }
##############

Thanks for your help,
-Bruce

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. RPM Crashes with "//var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm not found"

I am running FreeBSD 3.4 with linux binary capability installed (linux
base 6.1).  I know that the linux capability works because I have
WordPerfect  8 running.  I am trying to install an rpm but when I run it
through RPM 2.5.6 I get this error:
failed to open //var//lib/rpm/packages.rpm

I do not understand this, as I installed the RPM through the FreeBSD
ports collection.
Any help would be appreciated.

2. CORRECTION: Where are any LDAP (not IMAP) server binaries?

3. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

4. ibook2 and Xfree86

5. caculate a date (how to find the date 7 days ago?)

6. users cgi-bin

7. find files between date x and date y

8. Partitioning a Second Hard Drive with FBSD...

9. where to find install date of Solaris

10. rpm: not found 'packages.rpm'

11. find command to find files of a certain date

12. Could rpm find and install the dependencies automatically?

13. Can't find iostream.h... what rpm pagckages am I suppose to install?