COMMERCIAL: SLICKEDIT (leading commercial editor) NOW ON LINUX!

Post by Super us » Fri, 21 Apr 1995 04:00:00

|> MicroEdge, publishers of SlickEdit, and
|> ACC Corp of the PC UNIX and Linux Catalog,
|> are pleased to announce the immediate availability of
|> the leading commercial Programmer's Editor,
|> SlickEdit - now on Linux:
|>
|> SlickEdit,  The leading intelligent Programmer's Editor
|> is NOW available for Linux,
|>
|> Only $195!
|> ^^^^^^^^^^
|> (Shipping included in the US,  only $9.95 airmail elsewhere)

Really? And just why should we fork over ~$200 when we have emacs for free?

Post by Frank Muell » Fri, 21 Apr 1995 04:00:00

>|> MicroEdge, publishers of SlickEdit, and
>|> ACC Corp of the PC UNIX and Linux Catalog,
>|> are pleased to announce the immediate availability of
>|> the leading commercial Programmer's Editor,
>|> SlickEdit - now on Linux:
>|>
>|> SlickEdit,  The leading intelligent Programmer's Editor
>|> is NOW available for Linux,
>|>
>|> Only $195!
>|> ^^^^^^^^^^
>|> (Shipping included in the US,  only $9.95 airmail elsewhere)
>|>
>Really? And just why should we fork over ~$200 when we have emacs for free?

You don't have to buy it.  So don't blame and go with emacs...

Let people decide if the want commercial apps on linux.
I think its good for linux.

Bye Frank

--
Frank Mueller
http://www.hrz.uni-giessen.de/~l018/nig.html

IN-kompetent e.V. -* CONNECTING PEOPLE -*

Post by phil hug » Sat, 22 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: |> SlickEdit,  The leading intelligent Programmer's Editor
: |> is NOW available for Linux,
: |>
: |> Only $195!
: |> ^^^^^^^^^^
: Really? And just why should we fork over ~$200 when we have emacs for free?

Not sure but there is a review of the product coming up in the next
issue of Linux Journal.

--

Post by Gary Fost » Sun, 23 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: : |> SlickEdit,  The leading intelligent Programmer's Editor
: : |> is NOW available for Linux,
: : |>
: : |> Only $195!
: : |> ^^^^^^^^^^
: : Really? And just why should we fork over ~$200 when we have emacs for free?

: Not sure but there is a review of the product coming up in the next
: issue of Linux Journal.

I'd prefer to see the GUI version of slickedit ported to linux.  I
applaud the development of more commercial software under linux, and
slickedit is a pretty "slick" editor (sorry, couldn't resist).  At $195,
it's also fairly reasonably priced, unlike that Galacticomm BBS debacle.
I'm quite happy with my current crop of text-mode editors, though, and
would rather see an X version of this since I haven't quite found one
there that I really feel comfortable with.  (Yes, before you scream, I
use emacs under text mode, but I *don't* like the x versions of emacs
nearly as much as some of the GUI editors I've used in the past.)

On a side note, anyone used the GUI version of brief for Linux (the
commercial version, not the one on sunsite)?  I'm tempted to spring for
it, but I haven't heard anything about it around here.

-- Gary F.

--

COMMERCIAL: SLICKEDIT (leading commercial editor) NOW ON LINUX!

Post by Tim Bas » Sun, 23 Apr 1995 04:00:00

We too love vi and emacs, but a really great editor for Linux, gui
based would be nice.  We would buy one if really, really 'slick'.

: : |> SlickEdit,  The leading intelligent Programmer's Editor
: : |> is NOW available for Linux,
: : |>
: : |> Only $195!
: : |> ^^^^^^^^^^
: : Really? And just why should we fork over ~$200 when we have emacs for free?

: Not sure but there is a review of the product coming up in the next
: issue of Linux Journal.

: --

--
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Tim Bass                           |
| Principal Network Systems Engineer | "don't feel like the Lone Ranger....
| SRG, Ltd.                          |
|  http://www.silkroad.com/          |

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by Craig Malon » Mon, 24 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: : |> SlickEdit,  The leading intelligent Programmer's Editor
: : |> is NOW available for Linux,
: : |>
: : |> Only $195!
: : |> ^^^^^^^^^^
: : Really? And just why should we fork over ~$200 when we have emacs for free?

: Not sure but there is a review of the product coming up in the next
: issue of Linux Journal.

: --

Cool. I'll look for the article. In the meantime, it would be nice to
have a demo of the program, much like CRISP does (It was from the demo
that I realizxed that I really didn't need CRISP, even though it was
pretty cool)

Craig
--
        -----=====----====---===--==-=-==--===---====----=====-----
                               Craig Maloney

                    "Friends don't let friends use DOS!"
        -----=====----====---===--==-=-==--===---====----=====-----

Post by cmil.. » Tue, 25 Apr 1995 04:00:00

>  We too love vi and emacs, but a really great editor for Linux, gui
>  based would be nice.  We would buy one if really, really 'slick'.

Then pick up CRISP.  It is great.  I have it for SUNOS at work, and
it is the best thing since sliced bread!

                              -Craig

COMMERCIAL: SLICKEDIT (leading commercial editor) NOW ON LINUX!

Post by Scott R. Eve » Wed, 26 Apr 1995 04:00:00

<stuff deleted>

Quote:> I'd prefer to see the GUI version of slickedit ported to linux.  I
> applaud the development of more commercial software under linux, and
> slickedit is a pretty "slick" editor (sorry, couldn't resist).  At $195,
> it's also fairly reasonably priced, unlike that Galacticomm BBS debacle.
> I'm quite happy with my current crop of text-mode editors, though, and
> would rather see an X version of this since I haven't quite found one
> there that I really feel comfortable with.  (Yes, before you scream, I
> use emacs under text mode, but I *don't* like the x versions of emacs
> nearly as much as some of the GUI editors I've used in the past.)

> On a side note, anyone used the GUI version of brief for Linux (the
> commercial version, not the one on sunsite)?  I'm tempted to spring for
> it, but I haven't heard anything about it around here.

Visual Slickedit under X will be available for many OS's including Linux
sometime around the fall of 1995.  If you have any more questions about
the product feel free to email me or give us a call.

scott

EMJ America, Inc.                 _/        _/ _/  _/ _/       _/
Technical Support                _/_/_/    _/  _/_/  _/       _/
1-800-548-2319                  _/        _/   _/   _/   _/  _/

Use finger for more info.       America, Inc.