Dip script won't run, but dip -t work?

Post by Kelvin Cho Yaw Koo » Wed, 22 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Hi there,
     I have faced some problems with dip script.
     I tried to run my dip script, but it won't run. And I got the following
message:
      Usage: port tty_name
      Set PORT first
      Dialing ..
      Timeout for modem connection.
      And I follow the script and manually type in exact same message (dip -t),
it works.  Does anyone has any idea about this?
      I really need some inputs about this problem.  So any input and advices
would be helpful.  And I really apprecaite for your time.
Regards,
Kelvin Cho

1. Dip Problem, Dip Won't Hang up!

Hi,

I recently upgraded my version of Slackware to Slackware96. I had used dip
to connect to my ISP for over a year with my old version of Slackware with
very few problems.

With the Slackware 96 I have no problem connecting to my ISP. My problem is
disconnecting from my ISP. When I type dip -k I get the normal message but
dip does not hang up the phone.

I am using my old dip script. Do I need to change the script so that dip can
properly hang the phone up?

Does dip 3.3.7n have a bug? Or is this an insidious permission problem?

Thanks for any help that you can give me,

William

2. Newbie vs Linux: How many MB in 1024 cylinders?

3. dip dip dip

4. gurantee I/O completion

5. DIP won;t run my script?

6. System V IPC : beta release available.

7. DIP (can someone give me dip ex.script

8. Movie Viewers

9. dip won't run

10. dip won't run except in root

11. Dip won't connect using script

12. SLIP DIP Server won't run

13. dip won't dial is eth0 is running...