HEEEELP Image Capture

Post by Mandy Berr » Mon, 17 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm running an X-application and I want to capture the window and
save it to a graph file (any format would do) so I can put it in a report.

Does anyonw know how to do this ???
I don't care if I capture the window all the whole screen because I
can process the image afterwards.

Thanx in advance,
MB.

HEEEELP Image Capture

Post by Morten Ranhei » Mon, 17 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I'm running an X-application and I want to capture the window and save
> it to a graph file (any format would do) so I can put it in a report.

> Does anyonw know how to do this ???  I don't care if I capture the
> window all the whole screen because I can process the image afterwards.

You could use GIMP for capturing. (Help-->Capture I think it is)

--
Morten Ranheim

HEEEELP Image Capture

Post by Larry Herzog Jr » Mon, 17 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm running an X-application and I want to capture the window and
> save it to a graph file (any format would do) so I can put it in a report.

> Does anyonw know how to do this ???
> I don't care if I capture the window all the whole screen because I
> can process the image afterwards.

Use 'xv'....The 'grab' button in the lower right corner of the main menu
is what you are looking for....

_______
Larry Herzog Jr.        "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit,
                         but in humility consider others better than

HEEEELP Image Capture

Post by Erik Rosse » Tue, 18 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Try the Xwindows dump program xwd (and xwud to read the resulting file).

Erik.

HEEEELP Image Capture

Post by Daniel A. Jablonsk » Sat, 22 Aug 1998 04:00:00

There are two things (that I know of off hand) to capture a window:  xv and
xwpick.  In xv, there is a 'Grab' button.  You just click that button, and
then click in whatever window you want to grab.  Then you just save it as
whatever you want.  xwpick works just as well, but you need to do a little
more work.  Use xwininfo to get the window id of whichever one you want to
capture.  Then to save it as say, a gif file, type the following:  xwpick -w
<window id> -format gif > filename.gif

Just make sure the window is unobstructed.

  -DJ

Quote:> Hi,

--
=============================
 Daniel A. Jablonski

 www.earthlink.net/~djablons
=============================

HEEEELP Image Capture

Post by Jack Tackett, Jr » Sat, 22 Aug 1998 04:00:00

The Gimp also supports screen captures too.

--Jack

Jack Tackett, Jr
Co-Author: Using Linux

> There are two things (that I know of off hand) to capture a window:  xv and
> xwpick.

1. HEEEELP Image CAPTURE

Hi,

I'm running an X-application and I want to capture the window and
save it to a graph file (any format would do) so I can put it in a report.

Does anyonw know how to do this ???
I don't care if I capture the window all the whole screen because I
can process the image afterwards.

Thanx in advance,
MB.

2. mysterious problem with man reformatting

3. HEEEELP! Image Capture

4. apsfilter 6.1.1

5. Capturing and retrieving .GIF image from applet OutputStream

6. $TERM problems

7. how to capture image?

8. Screensaver on login screen?

9. Sony DCR-PC7 - Firewire Image Capture?

10. image capture, fdisk question

11. Image Capture Cards for Linux

12. A tool for capturing Solaris images

13. How to capture a text console as an image into a file