Mouse Problems with X11

Post by David Rane » Fri, 20 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I have a Toshiba Infinia and running Slackware Linux 2.0.35, I'm trying to
configure my computer for X but I don't know how to configure my mouse can
anyone help?

Thanks,
    David Raney

Mouse Problems with X11

Post by shaggworl » Sat, 21 Nov 1998 04:00:00

If you have a ps/2 mouse, the device that might help is /dev/psaux.
This is usually the easiest way to get the mouse running.

Quote:>I have a Toshiba Infinia and running Slackware Linux 2.0.35, I'm trying to
>configure my computer for X but I don't know how to configure my mouse can
>anyone help?

>Thanks,
>    David Raney

1. Two minor issues: mouse (not X11), display (X11).

Can't help with the X11 problem, but as for the other one...

There is a -t option to gpm which you use to specify the type of mouse.
If you have a Logitech mouse, you probably need to use "-t logi"
but it's different for busmice - man gpm for more information.

If gpm is started at boot time, you'll probably find the line which
starts it in /etc/rc.d/rc.local (or some other file in /etc/rc.d).
Edit this file to have the change take effect every time you boot.

Richard
--
Richard Stamp, Churchill College, Cambridge CB3 0DS
Telephone: (CU Network) 31556; (BT) Cambridge 01223 331556

2. Simple MKFIFO problem needs solving please!!!

3. moused / X11-mouse conflict

4. BOOTP server won't work: Help please?

5. Middle mouse button problems under X11

6. IOMEGA CORP. ZIP DRIVE REBATE RIP-OFFS

7. Problems with PS/2 mouse and X11... please help

8. Year 2000

9. problems with sycos 3buttons mouse and X11

10. X11 Mouse Pointer Problem

11. X11 distribution default font problem, need mouse help

12. X11 keyboard/mouse-problem with ps/2-port

13. Problems with X11 and Logitech Mouse.