rpc.nfsd and rpc.mountd won't start from rsh

1. How to use rpc.portmap, rpc.mountd, rpc.nfsd?

[Q2] Stupid but non-FAQ NFS question #2:
Thanks for the help of finding out the rpc.portmap, rpc.mountd, rcp.nfsd.
Still, after reading the NFS-FAQ, Linux Network Admin Guide, none of these guys
seem to work at all.  I still get the message of RPC fault: program is not
registered.  I guess I really need a cookbook example.

Let's say I have machines A and B which both of them can telnet and ftp to each
other.  In other words, they are properly connected.  Now, this is how I did.
I add three statements at the begninning of the rc.inet2 at machine A:

/usr/sbin/rpc.portmap
/usr/sbin/rpc.mountd
/usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd
/bin/mount -t nfs B:/home /mnt

Then, I add /mnt B[rw] at /etc/exports at machine A.
Then, reboot machine A, and it prompts RPC fault: program is not registered.
Can anyone provide me an idiot-proof way of attacking this?  Thanks.
BTW, someone mention "premeter".  What is that?

--

Salem

2. dynamic ip and eth0

3. Where are rpc.portmap, rpc.mountd, rpc.nfsd?

4. XDMCP & RedHat 6.0

5. Dangers of rpc.portmap, rpc.mountd, rpc.nfsd

6. CT65550 + XFree3.2A Y/N?

7. pre2.0.7-8 break rpc.mountd, rpc.nfsd

8. I NEED FREE NFS CLIENT SOFTWARE

9. RH-6.1: rpc.mountd, rpc.nfsd NOT running!

10. rpc.mountd and rpc.nfsd killed and restarting automatically

11. rpc.nsfd and rpc.mountd does not start

12. "Cannot register serivce: RPC: Timed out" when trying to start rpc.mountd ??