Linux and win98 print sharing help

Post by Gerry Rober » Mon, 08 Oct 2001 04:55:53

I just installed Red Hat 7.1 and Samba.

I have a linux server and a win 98 machine all hooked up together on a linksys
router. Everything works fine.

Hooked up to my win98 machine, I have a printer that I like to share with my
linux server. How would I go about so my Linux Server can print through my
win98.

I already enabled on win98  File and Print sharing.

Seems I'm having a little problem making this work

thanks
gerry

Linux and win98 print sharing help

Post by Michael Heimin » Mon, 08 Oct 2001 07:54:37

21:55:

Quote:> I just installed Red Hat 7.1 and Samba.

> I have a linux server and a win 98 machine all hooked up together on
> a linksys router. Everything works fine.

> Hooked up to my win98 machine, I have a printer that I like to share
> with my linux server. How would I go about so my Linux Server can
> print through my win98.

> I already enabled on win98  File and Print sharing.

> Seems I'm having a little problem making this work

> thanks
> gerry

'man smbclient'

Michael Heiming

1. Print sharing help needed for linux and win98

I just installed Red Hat 7.1 and Samba.

I have a linux server and a win 98 machine all hooked up together on a linksys
router. Everything works fine.

Hooked up to my win98 machine, I have a printer that I like to share with my
linux server. How would I go about so my Linux Server can print through my
win98.

I already enabled on win98  File and Print sharing.

Seems I'm having a little problem making this work

thanks
gerry

2. UNIX Shell Scripts???

3. Print sharing linux7.1 and win98 help needed

4. linux networking

5. Can I print to a win98 shared printer from a linux box?

6. installation problem with AS2100

7. Linux / Win98 file sharing, cable modem sharing

8. Promise Fast Track IDE Raid Controller works under linux

9. Help in creating a share partition between Win98 and Linux

10. Help in creating a share partition for Linux and Win98

11. Automated mail printing RH5.1 via shared printer on NT/WIN98

12. How do I print from Linux to a Win98 print server?

13. Printing from Ultra10/Solaris8 to WIN98 shared printer?