SIOCADDRT: Operation not supported by device

SIOCADDRT: Operation not supported by device

Post by bladerun.. » Thu, 24 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,
I am running RH 5.2 with a scsi hardrive..
Has any body seen this error before,
I have just started getting it about every other day..
it gets printed on the screen at the console
I cannot find any reference to it in var/log/messages
somebody give me a hint please..
thanks
Tim

Post by George D » Fri, 25 Jun 1999 04:00:00

]Hi all,
]I am running RH 5.2 with a scsi hardrive..
]Has any body seen this error before,
]I have just started getting it about every other day..
]it gets printed on the screen at the console
]I cannot find any reference to it in var/log/messages
]somebody give me a hint please..

Saw lots of 'em around here a few days ago.

I thought is was a particularly uninformative and usless message. Sorry to the
designers - it probably makes sense to you, but for me it was just a pain. May
as well just say "An error occurred".

I got them while tring to set up network routes, and did find useful info by
doing a http://www.deja.com search on "route siocaddrt" or some such thing.

Try a deja search on "siocaddrt scsi" or some combination.

--
 ,-,_|\  George Dau - Unix (Solaris, DEC Unix, Linux), Oracle, Internet.   __

      v   WWW: http://www.pobox.com/~gedau ! Carpentaria Buffalo Club.    W--W