1. Zip drive w/ Zip Zoom card
I've been trying to get my Iomega Zip drive working with RH 6.1, without
success. I was able to get it to work with RH 5.2 once, but I can't do it
the same way with RH 6.1.
My zip drive is attached to a "Zip Zoom" card, which is refereed to in the
ZIP-Drive mini HOTWO. In Windows 98 (mine's a dual-boot system), I see
that the IRQ (or is it DMA?) for the zip card is 11, and base address is
0x140. The redhat 6.1 installation did not recognize this as a SCSI
controller so it did not configure my kernel for SCSI support.
I've tried a lot of things, following the various bits of advice in the
ZIP-Drive mini howto, and others. I have recompiled the kernel with SCSI
support built in, and have the line:
in my lilo.conf file (and ran liloconf afterwards), but this didn't help.
I get the following message when I try to mount the zip drive:
[root /]# mount /dev/sda4 /mnt/zip/
mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/sda4 as a block device
(maybe `insmod driver'?)
I found that the HOWTO docs on this and SCSI in general seem out of date --
some of the advice doesn't really apply to the newer kernels. This makes
life much more difficult, of course.
Does anyone know I might be able to get my Zip drive to work?
2. RCS and the access list ??
3. Zip Zoom & SCSI Zip Drive
4. gnome 4.8 terminal hardly readable
5. Iomega SCSI Zip drive and Zip Zoom card
6. No software can bind to my host! Please help!
7. SCSI Zip drive w/ Zip zoom scsi adapter problems...
8. sound card driver installation
9. Zip Zoom and Zip Plus driver problems
10. SCSI Zip without Zip Zoom
11. Zip Plus and Zip Zoom install problems...
12. Zip Drive and Zoom Card Woes! Suggestions?
13. ZIP 100 Plus and ZIP ZOOM SCSI (aha152x.o)