Telnet with Wyse60 emulation

Post by Squire VonGremli » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Greetings,

Fairly new to most elements of Linux.  Currently running Mandrake 7.0.
I am looking for a way to telnet from Linux to a unix box that is
running an application configured for Wyse60 support (line graphics,
etc.).

Is there a Wyse60 capable Linux telnet application out there?

A Linux telnet app that supports ANSI graphics would be nice too.

Waif

Telnet with Wyse60 emulation

Post by Raymond Doetje » Fri, 30 Jun 2000 04:00:00

First a word of wonder: "Where in the world do you find an application
that is Wyse 60 compliant???" So that is out of my mouth :)

Hmmm, I don't know about free appllications I do know that Reflection has
perfect Wyse60 support and SmartTerm isn't to bad either.

Have you tried Wyse120 support? Or VT220-7 that could probablyh interpret
alot of the stuff right. But Wyse60 terminals were a hell that's why the
Wyse60 protocoll was rearly used. I still remember the green screen and
the little pedestal YUK I loved the Wyse 120 (also it's Wyse 120
protocoll) and the Digital VT510, (and specially the VT-200 protocol from
DEC).

Sorry for this sentimental intermezzo :) (Don't think that I'm a grayed
haired VMS nerd or something like an old fosile I'm still under the 30
year limit :)

Raymond

Post by Thomas Dicke » Fri, 30 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> Greetings,
> Fairly new to most elements of Linux.  Currently running Mandrake 7.0.
> I am looking for a way to telnet from Linux to a unix box that is
> running an application configured for Wyse60 support (line graphics,
> etc.).

configured or hardcoded?

(it's unusual to actually _require_ a specific terminal type, except
for applications that aren't designed to be used remotely)

--

http://dickey.his.com
ftp://dickey.his.com

1. Mail reader needed for Wyse60 emulation!

        After spending a couple days trying to "fix" pine and pico to
work with Wyse60's, I've given up.  I really need to find some character
based mail reader that works in Wyse60 emulation.   It need to be
easy enough for salesmen. :)   I'm open to just about anything now other
than /bin/mail.

Thanks,

Dan

      Chesterfield MO 63005           |    ^-- mail me here 1st

2. No GUI when using Trident ISA VGA card

3. wyse60 emulation using persofts smarterm essential

4. What tools should I choose to develop app/sys program in Linux OS?

5. Change WYSE60 emulation with escape sequence?

6. I am trying Linux out for the first time.

7. SCO->Wyse60 How to set Wyse60 Time on Status Line?

8. Problem with video & monitor

9. Funded project: Wyse60 telnet emulator

10. Wyse60 over telnet using Mac

11. telnet 3270 emulation

12. telnet, keyboard-mappings, emulations..

13. telnet / terminal emulation problem