DEL key...I want it working.... :-)

Post by Bob Nelso » Sun, 05 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> just it folks.....I have looked to some how-tos but I got no
> success...usually DEL outputs a "~" or a backspace on i
> UNIXes ...well I am an old DOS user...and would be nice to
> get that key working like DOS.....

Get in the habit of using ^D. It's more portabable, efficient and
ergonomic. Unix offers a different (and far better) mindset than DOS
and Windows. Consequently, the keybindings will often be different
because of logical design decisions beased upon years of experience.

For instance, Windows generally uses ^V to ``paste''. In the Unix world,
this is generally a ``verbatim'' prefix. In general, avoid the arrow
keys (and the keypad in general) and you're experiences with Unix
of all flavors will be enriched.

      http://www.oldradio.com/archives/nelson/open-computing.html
``Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.''

DEL key...I want it working.... :-)

Post by Henrique Seganfred » Mon, 06 Dec 1999 04:00:00

just it folks.....I have looked to some how-tos but I got no
success...usually DEL outputs a "~" or a backspace on UNIXes ...well I am
an old DOS user...and would be nice to get that key working like DOS.....

thanks in advance,

--
Henrique Seganfredo (Segao)

computer programmer - hardware geek
guitar - scouting - drawing - AFS student

"Quanto mais aprendo, menos eu sei"
"The more I learn, the less I know"

DEL key...I want it working.... :-)

On 5 Dec 1999 03:44:45 GMT, Henrique Seganfredo

http://www.ibbnet.nl/~anne/keyboard.html

--
Hal B

--
            Linux helps those who help themselves

1. Netscape -- backspace/del keys not working

Is there a file or something I have to edit to get the backspace and del
keys to work in the dialog boxes in Netscape under Linux.  At present
I'm stuck with Ctrl-h.  Where does Netscape under Linux get these
key mappings from?

Also, where's the right newsgroup to post this type of Netscape question?

Thanks,
Ed

2. Enterprise Server 3.51 takes 100%CPU on HP/UX and then crashes

3. Del, PageUp, PageDown & End keys don't work

4. Help!!! Answerbook on Xoftware for WIN 3.1

5. How to make the "DEL" key work?

6. Creating Linux Partition.

7. Backspace key becomes ^H in mail, man, etc; DEL key becomes ^[[3

8. I really would like to boot linuxPPC..-using BootX

9. InfoExplorer works under X11R5 now :-) :-)

10. DOSEMU works better than DOS :-) :-)

11. vi, ex & DEL key

12. Can't get [Backspace] key to register ASCII DEL

13. BACKSPACE & DEL keys on remte systems