Making enlightenment the default window manager

Making enlightenment the default window manager

Post by Jason Bon » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I'd like to try enlightenment but I can't seem to
get it to work.  I've got all of:

enlightenment-0.15.5-100

X11R6 Xserver / distribution
Imlib
Fnlib
freetype
libjpeg
libtiff
libpng
zlib
libungif

installed from rpms and are the appropriate versions.
I've created a dummy account and run enlightenment from
the prompt and it asked if it could modify the appropriate
scripts to make enlightement the default window manager.
I clicked yes and it modified the .xinitrc (among other
files I imagine) file, but when I logged back in under that
account, it kept coming up with the fvwm window manager.
Is there something I'm doing wrong?  Thanks,

  Jason

1. making enlightenment the default window manager

[...]

2. L440GX , Adaptec AIC7xx and RedHat SCSI Errors

3. Making enlightenment the default window manager

4. Functions LOCK & UNLOCK using NAMED PIPES and CREATE & UNLINK

5. making KDE2 you default window manager

6. a few questions

7. Emacs keybindings in Enlightenment Window Manager

8. Using rcmd

9. Enlightenment Window Manager freezes X

10. Enlightenment Window Manager

11. Enlightenment window manager

12. How can I start KDE/enlightenment window manager automatically at login?

13. enlightenment window manager