QUESTION: Imake and customization

Post by Marie-Franc » Mon, 08 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,

I want to install xanim that uses imake to generate the Makefile on
Slackware 96.

But I want to customize the Makefile since I want to use a different
BINDIR than the default used on my system,  namely, I want to use
/usr/local/X11R6/bin
instead of /usr/X11R6/bin.
( I like have all instalations under /usr/local )

I never used Imake before and not sure what is the *best* way to
customize the generated Makefile.

Shoud I merely edit the generated Makefile and ignore the message:
    Makefile generated by imake - do not edit!

on the first line or is it better to customize one of the template used
by Imake?

If it is better to customize the template(s), which one(s)?

Any pointers will be appreciated! Thanks.

1. XMKMF and IMAKE want Imake.tmpl

--
I can't seem to compile any X11R5 stuff. My xmkmf and imake programs search
for a file called Imake.tmpl. I don't have one and would really like one. I

-jake

--
#include <disclaimer.h>

Sincerely,                      If you open your      Don't turn this way
                                eyes for me           Don't turn that way
Jake Skinner Garcia,            you won't rely on     Straight down the middle
Eternal Darkness(tm)            open eyes to see (*1) until next Thursday (*2)

Snail:  Jake Garcia, 5130 N. Dona Ana Rd., Las Cruces, NM 88005
*1 Quote above taken from "Silent Lucidity" (Queensryche, "Empire")
*2 Quote above taken from "Get the Balance Right" (DM, "People are People")

2. Q: Multiprocessor support

3. imake = Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory

4. ~In the News for May22~

5. Matrox Mystique ands X.

6. How to resume a ^Z'ed process?

7. How imake looks for Imake.tmpl file ?.

8. How to know if SECONDARY DNS is working?

9. Question about twm customization.

10. Emacs questions - swapping keys, auto mode customization

11. Solaris CDE customization question

12. Netscape customization question

13. Question on KDE customization