Problem with CD-ROM

Post by Franz Dom » Mon, 19 May 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I've encountered a serious problem with my Linux server. I use the
Linux server as a CD-ROM server with an NCR-MBR 7 attached to an
Adaptec 2940.

The problem is, that some CD-ROM's are not read correctly and only
some files are shown. The problem exists actually with two CD-ROM's.
One  ist the MS Backoffice Resource Kit CD, the other is a CD from
Dataquest.

When I put these CD's in an IDE-drive (on the same server), all files
are shown correctly. The only interesting thing is, that inodes for
files not shown in the NCR drive are very large (e.g. 666794052)
whereas all other files have much smaller inodes (e.g. 331776).

Does anybody has any hints how to resolve this problem ??

Best regards
    Franz

1. Problems mounting CD-rom with Audio CD

Hi,
I was trying to mount CD-rom containing an audio cd, but got error
message "Wrong medium type".
The CD player works fine, and mounting data CD's is no problem. I
suspect I should use some special mounting type for audio CD (other than
iso9660), but don't know which one to use. Any help is greatly
appreciated.
-Kaiwen

2. PCI 128 SB

3. SCSI problem w/ CD-ROM & CD-RW

4. Slackware on Toshiba T5100?

5. PROBLEM: rootfs problem on cd-rom

6. dos emulator???

7. HELP: XFree86 Problems and CD-ROM Problems!

8. nr_inodes

9. Installing Debian 2.0; problems finding CD-ROM.

10. Problems mounting CD-ROM under Redhat 5.0

11. Problem with CD-rom initiation

12. Problem mounting CD-ROM (Newbie)

13. problem mounting CD-ROM in Linux