netscape java stopped working?

Post by Nat Makarevitc » Mon, 17 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Quote:Bernard James Leach writes:
> Netscape java has suddenly stopped working for me, it dies printing
> "Signal 7".

do not use an X mode with more than 8 planes or grab Netscape Navigator 3

check the CLASSPATH envvar value
(example : /usr/local/lib/netscape/)

--
Nat    Linux

1. Netscape Java stopped working!?

Dear fellow BSD-ers or Unix Netscape Navigator users,

Since upgrading to FreeBSD 2.2.1, netscape navigator no longer
will run any Java applets.  This may be coincidental to the OS
upgrade.  I also installed the linux navigator running in emulation
mode, and this, too, simply ignores any java applet code -- or so it
seems.

The java console never displays.  My Options/Network Prefs.../Languages
is set to run Java.  /usr/local/lib/netscape/java_301 exists,
has been re-installed from the distribution, and has a+r perms.
No proxies are in use.  No classes are ever downloaded, according to
the message bar.

I'm at a loss to explain what could be causing this problem, but
it's vital to my work that I'm able to run java.

I'd appreciate any and all suggestions on what may be the problem!

Very much obliged,
-david kulp.

2. ppc linux on Umax Apus2000 603e/200MHz

3. netscape java stopped working?

4. Which approach?

6. Winsock Terminal Emulation - Suggestions?

7. Mosaic and Netscape stop working in 1.1.85 (for me)

8. Linux troll alert

9. Netscape stops working

10. Help, Netscape stopped working on my Sun

11. ? linux netscape 2.0b3 server-push stopped working

12. (retract) linux netscape 2.0b3 server-push stopped working

13. (Q) Netscape has just stopped working