Accessing old source...

Post by Tom Yere » Wed, 21 May 2003 15:57:21

I am attempting to get access to old code.  In particular, I want to
retrieve old copies of the Linux kernel, FTP servers, etc..

Can old code be downloaded by FTP?  Is it typically stored in a CVS
server somewhere?

I am a newbie to the world of Linux, and I am uncertain where to access
old code.  I have tried searches on Google, etc., but (unsurprisingly),
it does not seem to be a question often asked.

Help!

Accessing old source...

Post by ynotsso » Wed, 21 May 2003 16:30:47

Quote:> I am attempting to get access to old code.  In particular, I want to
> retrieve old copies of the Linux kernel, FTP servers, etc..

> Can old code be downloaded by FTP?  Is it typically stored in a CVS
> server somewhere?

> I am a newbie to the world of Linux, and I am uncertain where to access
> old code.  I have tried searches on Google, etc., but (unsurprisingly),
> it does not seem to be a question often asked.

If it's anywhere, it'll be at (or through) http://www.ibiblio.org/ (formerly
metalab.unc.edu).

    tony

--
use hotmail com for any email replies

Accessing old source...

Post by John Thompso » Wed, 21 May 2003 21:28:37

> I am attempting to get access to old code.  In particular, I want to
> retrieve old copies of the Linux kernel, FTP servers, etc..

> Can old code be downloaded by FTP?  Is it typically stored in a CVS
> server somewhere?

ftp://ftp.kernel.org is your friend.

--

1. X Windows and my old old old old video card

Hi. The card in question is an ISA ATI Graphics Ultra Pro (with the mach32
engine). The particular monitor that I'm using is an AST Vision 4L, and I
managed to root through the AST website (talk about counterintuitive!) so
I could get the horiz and vert scan lines etc. I can't seem to get X setup
right, when I run probe, it complains about a missing clocks line. Is
there any doc which can EXPLAIN xf86config? A man page helps, but getting
the theory fundas would be even nicer.

I'm pleasantly surprised at the level of support the linux community
provides. Also, being something of a DOS/Windows junkie ;=( in the past,
i'd appreciate it if I could be told where to get my hands on info that'll
help me migrate better.

regards
Aniruddha Shankar
BAngalore, India

 Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Modem trouble

3. Creating web access to source code (aka OpenSolaris source browser)

4. Driver for teac 4x cdrom

5. ufstype=old = how old? SunOS fstype=4.2 old?

6. Linux API

7. Help with old freeswan and old linux on old hardware.

8. ip masq dead

9. Missing a serial number for SCO OS 4.2 (old-old-old...)

10. Errors compiling old source in Linux

11. Old Linux kernel sources

12. Needed: Btx decoder source (XCept old ver.)

13. upgrade source tarball: what to do with old version?