help: ibcs does not compile on sparc linux

help: ibcs does not compile on sparc linux

Post by <mart.. » Tue, 08 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I have recently installed Debian 2.1 distribution on SparcStation IPX.
I need to run Solaris binaries on that box so I downloaded
ibcs-2.1-981105.tar.gz source package but no matter how I try I can
not get it to compile. Looking for answers on the Net did not help much.
Has anyone successfully compiled ibcs under Linux on sparc architecture at
all? If so, please let me know how it can be done.

Thanks,

        Martins

help: ibcs does not compile on sparc linux

Post by Robert Helle » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

  In a message on 7 Jun 1999 14:56:52 GMT, wrote :

Quote:

> I have recently installed Debian 2.1 distribution on SparcStation IPX.
> I need to run Solaris binaries on that box so I downloaded
> ibcs-2.1-981105.tar.gz source package but no matter how I try I can
> not get it to compile. Looking for answers on the Net did not help much.
> Has anyone successfully compiled ibcs under Linux on sparc architecture at
> all? If so, please let me know how it can be done.

Doesn't the 'i' in ibcs stand for 'Intel', as in x86?  A Sparc CPU is
NOT an x86 family member.  I'm guessing that ibcs is an x86 only thing.

Quote:

--
                                     \/

http://www.deepsoft.com              /\FidoNet:    1:321/153

1. 1.1.63: ibcs is not compiling

The new kernel introduced some changes to the keyboard driver
and therefore ibcs is not compiling anymore.

Has anybody compiled ibcs successfully or do we get a new
release of ibcs?

Andy
--
 Andy Jaeger
   s-mail: Konrad-Adenauer Str. 7, 67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany

         Oooo.
 .oooO  (   ) Jesus said: I have come that they may have life
 (   )   ) /              and have it to the full. John 10:10
  \ (   (_/
   \_)
--
Andy Jaeger

2. iptables interface

3. IBCS Not Compiling Properly.

4. Security issues by using RFC2217 Com-port control over TCP/IP

6. Possible C-compiler bug??

7. Errors while compiling iBCS -- HELP!

8. ViewSonic 21PS ModeLines??

9. HELP: ibcs compiling and dump params

10. iBCS version/compiling/RPM help

11. Linux 1.0.9, gcc 2.5.8, ibcs 941209 compile error

12. Kernel Compile Help SPARC linux

13. Error compile iBCS: ../include/ibcs/ibcs.h:53:function declaration isn't a prototype