Printer Accounting using PLP

Post by Stefa » Fri, 23 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi there!

We are using the SUSE Linux dist. on a Server for our Students Dorm.
Everything works quite fine.
Theres just this tiny little problem:

Were using PLP for printing adn set up Print Accounting. This works
almost perfect.
The only glitch is, the account file shows only ONE page per job. That
means, even if I
print a thousand pages in one job, accounting only claculates one.

Does anybody know how to avoid this?

Thanks,

Stefan

1. PLP printer spooler - working in Sol7?

Hi,

I'm looking for somebody having a PLP printer spooler working
in Solaris 7. I have compiled plp v. 4.0.3, but "lpd" refuses to
work saying:

 lpd: bind to internet socket failed: Address already in use

I've found doc/Solaris-and-pmadm file in PLP distribution which
seems to cover exactly this problem. The solution proposed is to
"remove the lpd listener from pmadm".

Unfortunately, "pmadm -l" on my machine does not show any
"lpd" or "lp" entries which were supposed to be removed.

any hints would be appreciated

regards, Michal.

--

  Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND

2. UDMA66 with 66MHz (?)

3. Printer filter for PLP version 3.4.12 on Solaris 2.3

4. Sun Microsystem's sphere program

5. plp (line printer daemon)

6. Difficulties installing and configuring Linux

7. PLP line printer problems

8. Newbie: How to use Linux sys as simple router?

9. Printer Accounting using Samba

10. *** Printer Accounting on Network Printer - HOW??

11. Using printer as network printer

12. Printer setup using NetBSD-1.3 and HP 692c Deskjet Printer

13. Using a printer from the printer port of a term conn to a Unix comp