Help with PPP to connect to netcom ISP under redhat 5.0

Help with PPP to connect to netcom ISP under redhat 5.0

Post by David William Scot » Sat, 06 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I need some advice on how to configure a PPP connection to netcom running under redhat 5.0.  I
followed the script examples that netcom had listed; they were for Slackware ver 3.0.  I was
hoping that someone who is using or has used netcom with redhat ver. 5.0 or some earlier version
of redhat to lend a hand.  I did not want to switch to Slackware since my copy of redhat is
otherwise working properly and since I have already invested time in setting up other facets of
the operating system.  If anyone who has used redhat in connection with netcom, or anyone else who
has some idea of what I can do, let me know.

Thanks,

Help with PPP to connect to netcom ISP under redhat 5.0

Post by Jason McKe » Sat, 06 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I am also trying to configure a PPP connection to netcom for RH5.0.  I'm gonna give it another go this
weekend.  Would like to hear from anyone who has already done it.
If I get up & running, will post solution.

Jason McKee

"I'm glad I was not born before tea."

> I need some advice on how to configure a PPP connection to netcom running under redhat 5.0.  I
> followed the script examples that netcom had listed; they were for Slackware ver 3.0.  I was
> hoping that someone who is using or has used netcom with redhat ver. 5.0 or some earlier version
> of redhat to lend a hand.  I did not want to switch to Slackware since my copy of redhat is
> otherwise working properly and since I have already invested time in setting up other facets of
> the operating system.  If anyone who has used redhat in connection with netcom, or anyone else who
> has some idea of what I can do, let me know.

> Thanks,

1. NEWBIE Q: Win95 dial-in to Netcom user; need help to use linux ppp to connect?

I have a netcruiser account and use Win95 dialer to connect to netcom and use
the internet.

I've installed linux , assaulted all the how-to's and faqs regarding ppp and
chat, and am still unsuccessful at getting connected to netcom.

Anyone (who has a similiar netcom account) know of a script or commandline I
can use to get connected? I know zip about the unix language and a very feeble
(but growing) knowledge of the linux file system.

Any help would be very appreciated.

P.S. Also, what's the deal with the options file and the ~/.ppprc. Neither of
these exist. Am I suppose to create them myself? I can't (or haven't yet) find
any examples. Am confused.

Thanx in advance.

Garett
--
______________________
Garett

2. Kernel 1.1.92 and gpm

3. Netcom: Has anyone been successful connecting to the net through Netcom

4. Have you seen these symbols?

5. Anyone know how to connect Linux to Netcom's ix.netcom.com?

6. PCI-SCSI NCR53c810 recommendations

7. PPP problems - RedHat 5.0, PAP, 3COM Impact IQ, USWest Interact ISP

8. CDROM recording hardware/software

9. Setting up PPP with my ISP (Netcom)

10. How to PPP/Chat with ISP Netcom ?

11. Connecting to Advantis with RedHat 5.0 using ppp...

12. Redhat 5.0 and Netcom