RedHat 6.2 to Windows 98

Post by Steven Hardi » Tue, 01 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I have RedHat Linux 6.2 on my comp. and I want to go back to Windows 98,
but I am having some trouble figuring it out.  If anyone knows how to do
this help me out please.  Thanks in advance.

RedHat 6.2 to Windows 98

Post by OzEmail News Serve » Tue, 01 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Errr, repartition your hard drive, format and install windows.

You DO have a DOS boot disk with CDROM drivers?!?  If not e-mail me and I
can send you a 1.44 Mb disk image that boots Win95 DOS mode with a generic
CDROM driver and has fdisk etc......

Cheers,

James

E-mail: james_gray "at" modusmedia "dot" com

Quote:> I have RedHat Linux 6.2 on my comp. and I want to go back to Windows 98,
> but I am having some trouble figuring it out.  If anyone knows how to do
> this help me out please.  Thanks in advance.

> --

RedHat 6.2 to Windows 98

Post by David . » Tue, 01 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> I have RedHat Linux 6.2 on my comp. and I want to go back to Windows 98,
> but I am having some trouble figuring it out.  If anyone knows how to do
> this help me out please.  Thanks in advance.

Boot into linux.
login as root.
enter:  /sbin/lilo -u
enter:  fdisk /dev/hda  or sda depending on your hard drive.
Delete all linux partitions
quit and save changes.
reboot with a DOS/windoz boot disk.
enter:  fdisk /MBR
format drive back to DOS/windoz format.
Install windoz

ID # 123538

RedHat 6.2 to Windows 98

Post by Leonard Even » Tue, 01 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> I have RedHat Linux 6.2 on my comp. and I want to go back to Windows 98,
> but I am having some trouble figuring it out.  If anyone knows how to do
> this help me out please.  Thanks in advance.

> --

You could try going to the Microsoft web site for instructions on
how to do this.  Of course, the last time I looked the instructions
were wrong.  But if you are going to rely on Microsoft, you don't
necessarily get what you pay for.

1. install linux Redhat 6.2 on windows 98

sir/madam

i have windows 98 os  pII 350 mhz 17gb hdd 4mb svga display.
I want to try & install linux 6.2 redhat on existing win 98
I tried once my partitions torn with loss of data. I donot have any
friends to help me/ guide me to install. can you help me?

basavaraju

2. Socket coding question

3. Redhat 6.2 with Asus cuv4x-e + Ati xpert 98 + 3com 3c905b

4. What Is The Secret to Drivers

5. Windows 98+Red Hat Linux 6.2 Multiboot

6. Tastaturbelegung

7. Dual Boot 98 + Redhat 6.2

8. read/write and socket errors

9. I got problem install Redhat 6.2 with Asus cuv4x-e + Ati xpert 98 + 3com 3c905b

10. Redhat Linux, Windows 98, Windows NT WS

11. Need help with dual boot install Win 98/Red Hat 6.2

12. Windows 98 crashes at COMDEX '98

13. Networking RedHat 5.1 and Windows 98?