Cross ref tool for shell scripts?

Post by Arne Schirmach » Sat, 11 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I have to maintain tons of shell scripts. They are in poor condition,
not well documented, different from what's put under sccs...

Are tools available that produce cross reference listings from shell
scripts? Or which are useful in other aspects to a shell programmer?

What I really need is a source level de* and a sh compiler ...

Any hints are appreciated.

--
Arne Schirmacher                |  Pix Software GmbH

                                |  software development and consulting
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft.    |  Tel. +49 2163 953030, Fax 953031

1. Question: cross-ref from object modules

Ok, there exist tools, both free and commercial, to produce
cross-reference database from c code (cxref and Cygnus' Source
Navigator, to name a few).

Now the question is, how to produce such database from object modules,
without looking at the code. Sure this should be possible in principle.
I have looked at nm, objdump, even bfd library, but so far I cannot
figure out how to do that.

Pasha Zusmanovich      EIT, System Programmer

2. Does the UNIX system font have a name?

3. Where find cross ref program for C?

4. cannot remove pv from a vg

5. Generating cross-ref'd HTML of C/C++ source tree

6. IBM Token Ring Kernel panics

7. Non-ASCII shell script(may be cross-compiler object)

8. why sshd is running under root ?

9. Solaris 9: when to expect sun's 2 man-pages-books (Ref, and Admin-Ref)?

10. When published for sol9 Solaris 9 Ref + sol 9 ADMIN Ref (janet winsor)

11. program refs library which refs otherlibrary

12. handling SIGINT in shell scripts when executing another shell script.

13. Q: How can I have a shell script call another shell script...