HP 6L with RH5.0 ?

Post by Thomas Fres » Sun, 28 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I am thinking about buying an HP LaserJet 6L (Lxi or Lp?, what is the
difference?). What are the experiences setting up this printer under
RH5.0? Is it supported at all? The printtool is kind of vague..'should
work..'.
I've seen something about upgrading gs to 5.1 which can
be found on the suse homepage. Is that necessary? Also, that seems
to be /usr/bin/gs_x11 instead of /usr/bin/gs, so I'm not
sure whether the printfilter will find it ...

Any comments appreciated.

HP 6L with RH5.0 ?

Post by Walter Rawdani » Tue, 30 Jun 1998 04:00:00

No problems with setup - it simply works ( Rh 5)

Walter