Xwindows client for Win NT/95/98

Post by Daniel Girau » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hello !
I'm looking for a free x-windows client for windows NT/95/98.
I want to connect it to my Linux server.
Does anybody knows if such a program exists, except of programs like
reflection or exceed.
Thanks in advance
Daniel

Post by Andrew Puruggan » Fri, 30 Jun 2000 04:00:00

[ Hello !
[ I'm looking for a free x-windows client for windows NT/95/98.
[ I want to connect it to my Linux server.
[ Does anybody knows if such a program exists, except of programs like
[ reflection or exceed.

looking at mandrakeuser.org or mandrake's home i picked up a tip to go
and get vnc. A search for vnc in Tucows.com for Win95/98 might turn it up

free, baby!
--
jazz  annandy AT dc DOT seflin DOT org
Registered linux user no. 164098

1. Linux as the file and internet server with win NT/95/98 clients

I am new to Linux.  I have not worked with Unix.  It is unclear to me how
you can run Linux as a file server and allow internet access through it with
the clients being win 95/98 and NT Workstation (25 total clients).  Internet
access is through a router on a dedicated 56k frame relay line using a
windows based proxy program.

The company is reluctant to spend big $ for Back Office and I can't blame
them for that but they want to know how Linux could solve their problems.
They have specific windows based applications running off the one win 95
machine to different clients.  I would imagine that can't be done with a
Linux Server.   One program uses the Sybase engine another FoxPro and
another Provide X.

I am interested in hearing of some solutions or should they bow to
Microsoft.

Joseph Norcott
Business Technologies Of New England, Inc.

www.btne.com

2. Installing RedHat Linux from NFS image

3. Remote editor for Win-95/98/NT and MacOS clients?

4. linux IRC client comparable to mirc

5. X window client for NT/95/98

6. JDBC driver/server tool with encryption

7. ZOC: the new SSH-Client for OS/2 and Windows 95/98/NT

8. XFree86 with ISA Mach64 card (Graphics Pro Turbo)

9. NFS-Client for win 95/98

10. Passwd Server for Win-NT,95,98 & Linux

11. Connecting Windows NT and Win 95/98 to SCO 5.0.4

12. Samba and Win 95/98/NT: Workgroup or Domain ?

13. Looking for a good X Client for Win 95/98 to talk to my Linux box.