STOOPID printer question

Post by Yan Seine » Thu, 15 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Can someone please point me to a HOWTO for setting up a color postscript
printer on Redhat 5.1?  It's so simple that I can't find any info on how
to do it...

Yan

STOOPID printer question

Post by Bob Tenne » Fri, 16 Oct 1998 04:00:00

 >Can someone please point me to a HOWTO for setting up a color postscript
 >printer on Redhat 5.1?  It's so simple that I can't find any info on how
 >to do it...

As root, execute printtool (or click the printer button in the control-panel).
Click Add, click OK for Local Printer, click OK for the device detection,
name the printer, and finally select Postscript printer for the
"Input Filter".  That's it.  (Adjust these instructions as necessary).

Bob T.

1. Stoopid newbie question, howto uninstall stuff?

I am currently playing around with Linux installation and making loads
of mistakes.  Basically I wish to run Apache with ChiliASP and some
other stuff (mailing lists etc)

I have RH8 installed on my home PC fine and working.

I have installed Apache 1.3.27 and by trial and error am configuring it
progressively.

I want to recover from my errors periodically and so far have had to
reinstall from scratch to get to a state where I am able to try again.

I am sure as I go on I will (need to ) (learn to) be able to correct
mistakes and reconfigure.

What I can't see anywhere is instructions to delete a program so I can
reinstall it , rather than the whole of Redhat.  I have read a bit about
using RPM -e, but what about when you install via ./configure etc.  I
guess it is out there somewhere but so far I cant find the howto/FAQ.

Are all the details of lets say, Apache contained in the installation
directory, will deleting this get me back to a virgin OS?

many thanks

Tim

2. Kernel Panic with Network Interface

3. Stoopid question...

4. X Problem: Please help!

5. Stoopid question

6. Writing to a terminal from a perl script

7. Stoopid csh jopb control question...

8. best way to get good clock for an off-net PC?

9. newbie stoopid question...

10. Stoopid Knews Question

11. Stoopid ifconfig question (but I can't find the answer)

12. SATAN : I must be stoopid