resizing images (en masse)

Post by Vladimir Blagojevi » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:42:34

Hi,

Having taken images in highest resolution (with digital camera) how do you
reduce them from >1MB to appropriate "web" size (100 kb aprox.).  Would
prefer a terminal utility program.

Thanks,
Vladimir

resizing images (en masse)

Post by Vladimir Blagojevi » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:21:43

O ok it seems that convert does the job.

> Hi,

> Having taken images in highest resolution (with digital camera) how do
> you reduce them from >1MB to appropriate "web" size (100 kb aprox.).
> Would prefer a terminal utility program.

> Thanks,
> Vladimir

resizing images (en masse)

Post by timeOda » Thu, 01 Aug 2002 05:08:50

Yes, "convert" does fine for me.

Also you might want to try the program "jpegtran."  (In debian this comes
in the package libjpeg-progs, so maybe there is an rpm by that name?)  This
package can rotate jpegs by increments of 90 degrees - very importantly,
*without* decompressing and recompressing them at all... this preserves
quality.

> O ok it seems that convert does the job.

>> Hi,

>> Having taken images in highest resolution (with digital camera) how do
>> you reduce them from >1MB to appropriate "web" size (100 kb aprox.).
>> Would prefer a terminal utility program.

>> Thanks,
>> Vladimir

1. simple way to de-capitalize filenames en masse

I am bringing files from several different platforms (primarily Mac
  and Windows) on to my linux box and preparing them for the www server.
  One problem is that various files/transfer programs/compression programs
  on these platforms preserve capitalizatin of the files as they were
  on the original machine.

For uniformity, I would like all of my file names/extensions to be in
  all lower case.  Is there a utility/simple shell script that I
  could use to convert filenames from mixed case to lower?  It is a
  pain having to mv all of them.

Thanks a lot in advance.

--chris

////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\
Christopher G. Kolar
Director, Aurora Online Community Network
Aurora University, Aurora, Illinois

2. MS security patch EULA gives Billg admin privileges on your box

3. Apache: Environment variables "en masse"

4. Boot error: can't fill buffer

5. cleaning up DOS files in UN*X en masse'

6. SVGA server not available ?

7. Virtual Hosts En Masse!

8. pppd 2.2 no longer knows the real UID?

9. Copy en masse

10. Q: dictionary En-Ger:Ger-En, off line

11. Pb de Ping en loopback et non en distant

12. Enlight EN-8950 & EN-8700, server case and hot-swap RAID enclosure

13. Resizing a EPS image