video "stumper" -- Diamond Fire GL 1000 PRO

video "stumper" -- Diamond Fire GL 1000 PRO

Post by JPyn » Tue, 01 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hello all,

I'm very new to linux and this is the first real dilema I've come across...

I'm using the SUSE server XFCom_3DLabs for my Diamond Fire GL 1000 PRO and
for the short while I was running the RedHat 5.0 distribution everything was
fine with X.  I recently re-installed with the 5.1 distribution and suddenly
the screen saver rendering is very "jerky".  It's not that I'm so concerned
with the screen saver but I worry that it is an indicator of more serious
problems.  I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that it is something
from the new distribution but I don't even know where to start looking.  Any
help here at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
James

nospam=jamespyne to reply

1. Newbie: Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro video card

Hi all,

I am trying to install Redhat 5.2 onto my NT machine. My video card is a
Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro that is said to be supported according to the
webpage at Redhat:

http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/rhl/intel/rh52-hardware-intel-10.h...

However, that card in not listed when Xconfigurator is run during the
install. When I chose unlisted card, it asked me which X-server I needed
and gives me a list of available servers. According to the web page above,
The Fire GL card is supported by the XF86_3DLab server. However, the 3DLab
server is not among the list of available servers (there is no RPM) in
Redhat 5.2.

How can I get Redhat 5.2 to recognize my video card?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ujwal

2. XStations on Solaris

3. Drivers for TurtleBeach Montego A3D Sound Card and Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro Video Card

4. scheduler implementation.

5. RH5 and Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro 8m AGP Video Card

6. help: atomic_t error when complie kernel module "hello world"

7. Which Xfre86 server for diamond Fire GL 1000 pro video card ?

8. rdist question

9. Red Hat 5.1 and Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro video card (8 meg)

10. Ensoniq Audio PCI, Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro, Toshiba 32x CD-ROM

11. Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro ... X Windows

12. Diamond Fire GL 1000 pro

13. Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro