PUBLIC_HTML with Redhat and Apache

Post by Michael » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to make users able to setup user web pages using apache.
The apache that is installed is the stock apache that comes with Red
Hat 6.0. The web server works fine directly to the IP, but when I try
to view a users page it does not work.

http://IPADDRESS.COM/~username

that is what I want to be able to do.....so all my users (just my
family) can have their own simple web site up.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Post by J Bla » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

>I am trying to make users able to setup user web pages using apache.
>The apache that is installed is the stock apache that comes with Red
>Hat 6.0. The web server works fine directly to the IP, but when I try
>to view a users page it does not work.

>http://IPADDRESS.COM/~username

>that is what I want to be able to do.....so all my users (just my
>family) can have their own simple web site up.

>Any ideas? Thanks!

Make sure the directory in each users home dir is 'public_html' not
'PUBLIC_HTML' (you can change this in httpd.conf wherever it's found on
RedHat).

JB

1. PUBLIC_HTML and Redhat and Apache

I am trying to make users able to setup user web pages using apache.
The apache that is installed is the stock apache that comes with Red
Hat 6.0. The web server works fine directly to the IP, but when I try
to view a users page it does not work.

http://IPADDRESS.COM/~username

that is what I want to be able to do.....so all my users (just my
family) can have their own simple web site up.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Linux on a Midwest Micro Elite Soundbook (DX4 system)?

3. rwsem benchmarks [Re: generic rwsem [Re: Alpha "process table hang"]]

4. Matrox Mystique ands X.

5. aio -- sync iocb support and small cleanup

6. public_html and Apache

7. Linux install this will be #4

8. apache access to public_html directory of user with umlaut in his name

9. Apache problem with Per-user Web Directories (public_html)

10. How do I tell apache to grant access to public_html?

11. Apache server public_html access

12. Apache 1.3.0 and public_html