Where have all the X Screen Savers gone?

Where have all the X Screen Savers gone?

Post by Troy Dale » Wed, 15 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi-

I have had Red Hat 5.0 up and running for a week now.  I am having a few
slight problems in X that I am concerned might grow into something more
serious...

1.  I was able to use the screen savers until today... Now when I click on
the "Lock Screen / Screensaver" option in the menu it does not bring the
screensaver up at all.  Although there is some disk activity that I can
hear.  Also, it I dig into /etc/usr/X11R6/bin then I can run the
screensaver
from the prompt so there's nothing wrong with the screensavers themselves
and I know there on there because I used them all a couple days ago!  I did
not change anything in any config files or anything.  It is the same for
all
users on the machine.  Any help would be extremely appreciated.

2. I think this is related to the first problem.  Some games do not work
either.  I click on them and they never come up: like eight ball snooker
and
many others.  However, some do like Xbill, Xpilot etc.  They should be on
there, I installed everything on the disk and there's plenty of room left.
I was thinking it was a display problem but then again, what do I know??

Thanks very much for helping.

The man w/o screensavers,
Troy

Please respond with a newsgroup post only...

Thanks

1. Running screen savers, but monitor doesn't go to sleep after XX min.

Any ideas why after XX minutes, my monitor doesn't go to sleep (power
management)? If I put no screen saver, then the monitor goes to sleep (I
can see my monitor light is orange that means turned off). The screen
savers don't even take up that much CPU (depending on which one I pick).

I am using RedHat Linux v7.1, Pentium II 300 Mhz, 128 MB of RAM, an old
Diamond Stealth64 3000 series card (4 MB VRAM), IBM P72 17" monitor,
etc.

--
           "Everything tastes better at a picnic...the ants, the sand,
                                                everything." --unknown

   \ _ /                     The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
    ( )   ICQ UIN: 2223658. Resume: http://apu.edu/~philpi/resume.html

2. OpenSSH 2.1

3. Help! The DCE screen saver has gone insane!!!

4. Window positioning

5. Monitor went blank after screen saver setup on RH 6.0

6. How to spawn a process with specified capabilities

7. Problems with Gnome Screen Saver and XScreen Saver

8. Anyone Have A ViewSonic PS790 ?

9. screen: going from split screen to full screen mode

10. CDE : Screen saver must lock the screen

11. screen saver for redhat6.0 logon screen

12. Screen Saver vs Screen Blanker