olvwm(xview) programs acting abnormally

Post by Yin Tan Cu » Tue, 21 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I'm using Redhat linux4.2. A few days ago, I installed xview(olvwm)
because I want to try out olvwm. the window manager itself works fine.
it's other programs that come with it do not work properly. this is what
happens:

when I start "cmdtool" or "shelltool", after a few minutes, the program
seems stopped. and I can not enter anymore commands, and I got about
few thousand lines of the following error msg:

        TTYSW pty write failure: Bad file number

also I should mention that if I start "pine" or "pico" or "jed" in
cmdtool window or shelltool window, then the above will happen at once.

However, if I use xterm instead of cmdtool or shelltool, then nothing
(no error) will happen at all. and I can use pine etc without a problem.

Can anyone tell me what is happening?

Thank you .

1. olvwm and xview

Hi,

I grabbed olvwm about a week ago, but have been unable to get it to work...
it just SEGVs instantly.  Tracing it reveals a couble of uselib() calls, then
a uname(), then the crash.  Any ideas?

Also, I want to get xview 3 for my Linux box, to help with my final year
project.  I've seen various files on various sites pertaining to xview, but
exactly what libraries/includes/docs/otherbits do I need?

Many thanks if you can help,

Ian.

--

[ Ian Chard, Systems Integration |  "THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP      ]

2. problem getting apache to load

3. XView, olvwm, and OLIT

4. Sun Machines

5. Excessive mouse event problem with olvwm and/or xview

6. Organizing locally installed packages (was Re: /usr almost full !)

7. "more" freezes under olvwm/XView

8. Networking TCP/IP question with Cisco Router

9. Errors in XView (openWindows) Progs like workman or olvwm

10. xview/olvwm key bindings

11. Whence olwm/olvwm/xview for RH5?

12. olvwm and XView

13. Where are olvwm/olvwm menu definition files supposed to be?