Compiling xIrc

Post by Jeff Workm » Wed, 02 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to compile xIrc.  It seems that the Makefile calls for a
program named 'moc'.  This program is not on my system and I can't seem to
find it on any of the Linux sites.  I thought that maybe it came with xIrc,
but trying a 'make moc' doesn't work, and there is no moc.c or etc with the
source code.

TIA,
Jeff

Compiling xIrc

Post by Peter Jacobse » Thu, 03 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> I am trying to compile xIrc.  It seems that the Makefile calls for a
> program named 'moc'.  This program is not on my system and I can't seem to
> find it on any of the Linux sites.  I thought that maybe it came with xIrc,
> but trying a 'make moc' doesn't work, and there is no moc.c or etc with the
> source code.

> TIA,
> Jeff

Jeff,

"moc" is part of the "Qt" widget set (some precompiler) which has been
developed by the norwegian company "Troll Tech"; it is object oriented
and sits on top of Xlib (no Xt, no Motif, very nice).

Get the whole package (runtime/development RPM's) from www.troll.no.

Good Luck,
Peter

Compiling xIrc

Post by Alexander Hvosto » Wed, 16 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi...

LOL!  xIrc is the symbol of IRC client ineptitude.  If you're gonna get
an IRC client at all, for gosh sakes get a good one! (my suggestion --
*X)

Alex

> > I am trying to compile xIrc.  It seems that the Makefile calls for a
> > program named 'moc'.  This program is not on my system and I can't seem to
> > find it on any of the Linux sites.  I thought that maybe it came with xIrc,
> > but trying a 'make moc' doesn't work, and there is no moc.c or etc with the
> > source code.

> > TIA,
> > Jeff

> Jeff,

> "moc" is part of the "Qt" widget set (some precompiler) which has been
> developed by the norwegian company "Troll Tech"; it is object oriented
> and sits on top of Xlib (no Xt, no Motif, very nice).

> Get the whole package (runtime/development RPM's) from www.troll.no.

> Good Luck,
> Peter

1. Xirc compile prob..

        Hi folks,

        My vain attempt at finding a usable linux irc client continues. Under
the spotlight this week is Xirc. This requires libc5.4.7 and Xforms0.81
minimum. Which I now have. But it still won't compile. I'm quite new to
this business so don't laugh at me if it's plainly obvious from the errors
whats wrong.

System: Debian 1.1 with libc5.4.7 and xforms.81 <- plus dev xforms0.81,
kernel: 2.0.0

Here's a section of the compile errors. It continues much the same as this
for all files it's tries to link.

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/xirc/src/dcc'
g++  -g -DDEBUG -I.. -O2 -Wall  -c get.C -o get.o
In file included from get.C:8:
./xirc.H:8: forms.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ../xirc.H:54,
                 from get.C:8:
./error.H:4: String.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ../xirc.H:55,
                 from get.C:8:
./dcc/dcc.H:4: String.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ../xirc.H:61,
                 from get.C:8:
./servops.H:4: String.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ../xirc.H:62,
                 from get.C:8:
./window.H:4: String.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ../window.H:5,
                 from ../xirc.H:62,
                 from get.C:8:
./slist.C:4: iostream.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ../xirc.H:66,
                 from get.C:8:
./main.H:4: String.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [get.o] Error 1

Any ideas? string.h seems like a pretty silly thing for it not to be able
to find. For the record I've managed to compile Amiwm and my kernel quite a
few times so it's not major thing.

Ozzy,

  /  \ \ \
 / / / / / |-Brian Skreeg--------------IRC:_Ozzy-|
 \__/  \ \ |-Lead guitarist---Widdles on request-|
    \__/_/ |-A fish or two is with no compromise-|

2. lpq: lp: unknown printer !?

3. xIrc-1.13

4. Help with chat

5. xIrc-2.3.8 release

6. Watching ip traffic

7. xIrc

8. Squid : client could not connect to proxy

9. LibQTso and xIrc...

10. xIrc 1.18 X11 Irc Client Release

11. Xirc

12. xirc

13. Floating point exception with xIrc-v1.16