Slack 7.1 won't recognize PS2 mouse

Post by Michae » Sat, 02 Dec 2000 09:49:08

Quote:> This is my first attempt at installing Slackware. A problem I can't
> seem to get past is that the PS2 mouse is not being recognized by
> either gpm or XFree86. Error message from gpm says that there is
> no /dev/mouse device.  (The symbolic link from /dev/mouse to
> /dev/psaux is in place.)

> The mouse works fine from Windoze and DOS.  System hardware is a Biostar
> 486 PCI motherboard with AMD 486/133 CPU, using a UMC chipset for the
> onboard I/O ports. I've also tried building a new (2.2.17) kernel, making
> certain that PS2 mouse support is compiled in, still no joy.  Any ideas
> on getting this thing working will be much appreciated...

Not sure how relevant this may be, however check the /dev/mouse *is*
/dev/mouse  as opposed to /dev/Mouse, or some other caps arrangements.

HTH

-m

1. Mandrake 7.1 won't recognize my Maxtor 36147H8 60 GB ATA 100

Damnit... I have the same frickin' problem with my ATA/100
drive/controller. RH 7.0
installed fine, but for some reason RH 7.1 and Mandrake 8.0 hang during
install startup.
I've read that this is because these distro's try to probe the drive or
something, and get
locked up because of it's ATA/100 nature. I don't know the details, or a
workaround,
but I want to get RH 7.1 on this computer! If you find any solutions,
please let me know.

Thanks,

-Chris

2. a silly question - newline warning

3. Slack 7.1 'install.iso'

4. sendmail on Linux

5. RedHat 7.1 PS2 mouse problems...

6. SoundBlaster Live! work with Linux?

7. Redhat 7.1 'eepro100' and 'e100' drivers won't see 10BaseT network

8. rs/6000 LED descriptions revealed!!! (set #3)

9. PS2 Mouse Won't Work Please Help

10. Slack 7.0 ps2 mouse problem

11. Logi.Mouse won't move, but is recognized.

12. X won't recognize mouse plugged into PS/2 port

13. System won't recognize mouse.