how to use nss-modules for pam ?

Post by peter pils » Tue, 27 Nov 2001 01:51:30

very stupid question and maybe the question itself is inherent wrong ..

I want to use certain pam_modules to use for standard pam. Unfortunately
this pam_modules are rather alpha and I cant compile them on my machine.
The author told me that he has developed a productional version of a
nss-module and it can be used for pam too.

What does that mean ? If my pam-file looks like this:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok
account    required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so

how could I deligate this work to a nss-module ? Can nis do 'session' too ?

didnt find any comment on 'using nis as pam' in the nis-howto and never
used nis before, so I dont know nothing about it ...

thnx,
peter

--
peter pilsl