Linux Redhat setup - video problem

Post by Altsy » Thu, 10 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I have tried to load Linux onto a laptop as well as a clone pc.
I can't seem to get the video setup correctly and have been
doing everything from the command line.
IS my monitor to old?  Do I need special drivers?

Post by Forrest Taylo » Fri, 11 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> I have tried to load Linux onto a laptop as well as a clone pc.
> I can't seem to get the video setup correctly and have been
> doing everything from the command line.
> IS my monitor to old?  Do I need special drivers?

It is possible that your monitor is too old, but if you let us know what
kind it is, we'll be able to help.  It may also be your video card.  Let
us know what distribution of Linux you are installing.

Forrest

1. redhat 7.1 video card setup problem

I can't get xwindow settings right on my Hercules 3D Profit-3200 video card
during install I get crystal clear colors but I can only get 16 colors and
poor image quality after install and startx. I've tried all the Hercules
cards avail during set up but none work as good as the colors I get during
Install of Redhat  Can Someone give me some advise or reccommend a driver
for me.

Thanks in advance
Larry

2. Using Linux in a commercial environment?

3. uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux

4. Internet IP Routing

5. Alpha Linux (Multia) Video setup problem

6. Can't boot from scsi drive

7. Linux setup problems for X. Video card

8. Arg list too long

9. video on winbook xl with redhat 6 setup?

10. RedHat Linux 7.1 on Compaq Deskpro4000. Video problems.

11. Problem with using the Real Video player 5.0 on Redhat Linux 5.2

12. Redhat 5.1 Linux - Diamond 2001/ARK2000 Video resolution problem

13. LAN setup problem with Redhat Linux AXP