Help me!! I have a teac ide/atapi cdrom and I can't find a kernel bootdisk image/driver for it!!

Help me!! I have a teac ide/atapi cdrom and I can't find a kernel bootdisk image/driver for it!!

Post by linu » Mon, 30 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi.I've got a gateway2000 solo 2100 laptop with a 8x teac ide/atapi cdrom.I've
got a gateway2000 desktop that runs a regular ide/atapi cdrom.None of the
regular ide bootdisks that I've tried have worked.The drive itself must be
interchanged with the floppy after I boot so that I can install from it using
setup.This might have something to do with it.Setup can't find it and I'm
pretty sure,very sure, that it's on /dev/hdc.I would be glad to get as many
specs for it as I can if someone would be willing to write a driver for a teac
ide/atapi cdrom. If I interchange the floppy and the cdorm drive before I run
setup it will give some error message about /dev/hda and then when I try to run
setup it will give another completely different error message and then I can't
run setup.I have to run setup and then interchange the drives.It will still
give the /dev/hda error message, but I can still run setup.I would be extremely
grateful if someone could tell me where to get,or e-mail me, a boot disk kernel
image that I could use to install linux with.My e-mail address is

help me somehow.

                  Thanks for taking the time to read this,
                                Andrew(root)

1. Help me!!! I've got a teac ide/atapi cdrom and I can't find a bootdisk image/driver for it!!!

[...]

2. 'depmod -a' results in many '***Unresolved Symbols...'

3. Help me!! I have a teac ide/atapi cdrom and I can't find a kernel bootdisk image/driver for it!!

4. Help with bison built interactive parser

5. HP-UNIX KornShell

6. Help me!! I've got a teac ide/atapi cdrom and I can't find a bootdisk image/driver for it!!

7. DOSEMU Does not respect Modem locks

8. Linux won't find ATAPI cdrom on 2nd IDE controller...help!

9. Can't mount IDE/ATAPI CDROM (can't find filesystem)

10. Summary: Can't mount IDE/ATAPI CDROM (can't find filesystem)

11. what boot image do i use for a atapi TEAC 58e cdrom?

12. Atapi cdrom problem: wrong speed found by ide-cdrom