printer help please

Post by sadam » Wed, 10 Jun 1998 04:00:00

In /usr/bin I have lpr, lpq, lprm, but no lp?  Using the Redhat
print-tool I can
get printers setup and the spools and stuff but no output--not even when

using print direct to port.  Does the print-tool rely on lp?  Since I
don't have
lp, where can I get it?  Thanks!!

1. still need printer help please please please

hello again.

i'm still having trouble printing from latex and ghostscript to my
9-pin epson compatible.

i can print latex files, but the dvie72 that i use loses all blank vertical
space - double space, margins, etc.

ghostscript -sDEVICE=espon  prints what looks like the correct stuff,
but the spacing is off - both vertical and horizontal, mostly vertical.
it seems to put  extra linefeeds in the middle of lines.

when i display the files to the screen (dvips and gs -sDEVICE=linux), there
is no problem.

lpr in general works.  i'm not sure what the problem is, but i'd like
to ensure that, when/if i can access a deskjet, the problem will go away.

does anybody have/had similar problems? known fix? sympathy?

thanx in advance.

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good.
Oh, Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood.                   --Nina Simone

2. cc vs gcc problems

3. Printer Help Please (Long Reply)

4. clueless sendmail ?

5. canon BJC 210 color printer, help, please!

6. FTP from Shell

7. Terminfos for Laser Printers - help please

8. Novice Question -- are sources needed (really merits of Apollo)

9. Printer HElp PLEASE

10. printer help please

11. Printer Help Please

12. Win95 host printing to a printer, Help Please??

13. printer help --please--