printing problems and RH 5.0

Post by Patric » Tue, 16 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I recently reinstalled RH (after screwing something up which I did not
know how to correct) and this time around, when asked if I had any SCSI
devices, I answered "yes" (I have a PPA Zip drive).

I have an Epson Stylus Color 600 on lpt1 (OS/2) which, I believe,
translates into lp0 in Linux?  Anyway, I have not been able to print from
linux since the reinstall (and I did install printing support).  I have
tried printing to lp0, lp1, just using lp, and I have tried lpr, ANYTHING
to try to get my printer to function.

I thought I read somewhere that the PPA Zip drive screws up printing or
being able to use the printer (when connected together as mine are).

So, what I ask is how do I get my printer working?  For that matter, even
though I have the zip installed and I can hear the click and spin up when
I boot to Linux indicating that it is accessing it, I cannot find a mount
for it.  Do I need to add and map my zip drive using the printer config
tool?  (I guess I always thought that mounting, etc, of scsi devices was
automatic).

As for man pages and howtos, I have been reading them but have failed, so
far, in finding anything in them that will allow my printer to get up and
printing (at least with a PPA Zip drive also installed).

Thank you for any guidance.

patrick

1. SMBFS-2.0.2 on RH 5.0 (was Re: make error on RH 5.0)

Hello!

Does anyone know how to get smbfs to work on RedHat 5.0?

The smbfs shipped with RH 5.0 apparently broken -
it mounts directory but does not set any permissions
( -d and -f flags of no help).

I tried to compile smbfs-2.0.2 but failed miserably.

Sincerely,
Dmitri.

2. hooking up an NCR-terminal

3. printing problems with RH 5.0

4. Line printing (help!)

5. rh 5.0 and appletalk printing

6. POP3 question:invalid mailbox format

7. Printing SuSE 5.3 to RH 5.0 box via Samba?

8. A Simple Question for (Home) Networking Gurus

9. Network printing on RH 5.0

10. RH 5.0 & Network Printing

11. rh 5.0 and appletalk printing

12. Probleme avec crack 5.0 + RH 5.0