HP DDS3 DAT drive + Redhat 5.1 Linux + dump

HP DDS3 DAT drive + Redhat 5.1 Linux + dump

Post by Ahrum Son » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I have Redhat 5.1 Linux system running and recently bought HP DDS3 DAT
drive. It
 seems that
dump/restore program is the go for my situation. I have two problems.

First, i can not back up more than one file system, even if i use
/dev/nst0 whic
h is non-rewinding
device.  When I store more than one file system, restore command only
shows firs
t file system and
sometimes reports Input Error. Please help me. I didn't install any
device drive
r because it didn't
have one with it.

Second question. for dump program what tape density and length value
should I us
e?

TIA
Ahrum

1. HP DDS3 DAT drive + Redhat 5.1 Linux + dump

I have Redhat 5.1 Linux system running and recently bought HP DDS3 DAT
drive. It seems that dump/restore program is the go for my situation. I
have two problems.

First, i can not back up more than one file system, even if i use
/dev/nst0 which is non-rewinding device.  When I store more than one
file system, restore command only shows first file system and sometimes
reports Input Error. Please help me. I didn't install any device driver
because it didn't have one with it.

Second question. for dump program what tape density and length value
should I use?

TIA
Ahrum

2. Siedler (Settlers) II und dosemu?

3. Using dump with a DDS3 DAT drive.

4. __lock_page calls run_task_queue(&tq_disk) unecessarily? (fwd)

5. RedHat 5.1 support for DDS3 tape (+compression)

6. /usr/example/cfgmgr/README

7. Any drivers for a GTEK SmartCard 8

8. Question about dumping to HP-DAT tape drive

9. Dump parameters for HP DAT/DDS tape drive?

10. dump command and HP DAT drive

11. dump parameters for HP 4mm DAT Tape Drive

12. HP DDS3 DAT-Streamer: Format