Seagate 850 EIDE help

Post by Hussein Kan » Sat, 27 May 1995 04:00:00

I have this new drive that is EIDE mode 4. It is a Seagate 850. WHen i
boot up Linux, it says there is a bad block on the drive. DOS recognizes
the driver perfectly, but Linux can't mount it. Can someone please help
me out?

Oh, one last thing. I have a QUantum730 SCSI. However, I can't get this
drive to read in DOS> It shows up in fdisk but it doesn't seem to work.
ANy ideas>
Hussein Kanji

1. Future Domain TMC-850 and seagate.o

I'm trying to get a Future Domain TMC-850 SCSI adaptor
working. I get the "Device or resource busy" error you
generally see with a resource conflict. I'm at loss to
explain this. The SCSI-HOWTO says that the seagate module
assumes IRQ 5 and probes for memory. The card is jumpered
for IRQ 5 and base address of 0xce000. I also explicitly
tried:

  tmc8xx=0xce000,5

at boot time and still get the same complaint.

Why, O, why?

I'm also a little unclear about the relationship between
these addresses and the /proc/ioports stuff. Are these the
same animal? If so, how does one map addresses of the order
of 0xc8000 onto things round 0300 such as is found there?

--

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of
a dog, it's too dark to read."

2. U.K. providers of Multi-IO boards

3. TMC 850 TIMEOUT on BOOT, SCSI , Uses Seagate driver

4. IPchains config file

5. Seagate 850 Decathalon

6. Is Diskless Linux poss with bootp & NFS?

7. Will WD 850 MB EIDE work with Linux?

8. How can I excute X-windows application via slip under Xfree86

9. EIDE and Maxtor 850

10. HELP: ftape-2.0.2 and QW-3010 (850 MB) Tape

11. HELP ME!!! Installation Problems with IBM PowerPC 850

12. HELP: fdsik and QUANTUM 850 TRAILBLAZER ?!

13. Help, Future Domain SCSI TMC-850 NOT WORK!