find on my cd-rom doesn't work, but find on dos does

find on my cd-rom doesn't work, but find on dos does

Post by Marty Leisner 257 » Thu, 06 Oct 1994 23:33:39

This is interesting...

I have Walnut Creeks simtel20 CD...
It non-rockridge.

find . on linux just list the files in the current directory and nothing
more...

ls -lR recurses down.

find on Ms-Dos (djgcc find) works fine.

?????

--
marty

Member of the League for Programming Freedom
We don't actually do anything new in computing, we just rename the old stuff.
                                Grace Murray Hopper, who OOed in 1944

find on my cd-rom doesn't work, but find on dos does

Post by Marty Leisner 257 » Fri, 07 Oct 1994 00:08:19

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention...

I ran find under strace...

I saw a bunch of readdir() for each entry in the CD -- and find treated
each as a file
(I just ran find .
with no arguments in /cdrom)

Isn't readdir a user library call -- on Linux is a system call?

Its a number 3...

--
marty

Member of the League for Programming Freedom
Object techonology is to software what microprocessors are to
hardware.
                Phillipe Kahn

find on my cd-rom doesn't work, but find on dos does

Post by Gerry Snyd » Sat, 08 Oct 1994 05:43:02

Quote:

>This is interesting...

>I have Walnut Creeks simtel20 CD...
>It non-rockridge.

>find . on linux just list the files in the current directory and nothing
>more...

Try using find with the -noleaf option.

Quote:>marty