Experience with Caldera Lite?

Post by Tim McGuir » Thu, 20 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone have any experience with Caldera Lite?  I was browsing through
a bookstore and found a Linux book (short on time and nothing to write
with so didn't get the title) that came bundled with this version of the
CND.  Cost for the book/CD was ~ $50US.  Apparently it was a somewhat
smaller version, with an upgrade path, but fewer details than I'd like
were given on the back cover.  Any more detail from this august group?

Thanks.

----
Tim McGuire

Experience with Caldera Lite?

Post by tsow.. » Sat, 22 Jun 1996 04:00:00

The Caldera Lite is a Nice Desktop it runs using fmwm that comes with a lot of nice
utilities. There is a upgrade function, so I loaded it brand new to see how well it
worked.  There are only two install disks either PC or Laptop for the Kernels.  The
Caldera installed better and easier than any other distribution that I have tried.
Caldera uses Red Hat install routines that makes it all easy.  Now for the book it is
for a newby and if you have any Linux time you may find it a bit lax in detail execpt
for the caldera section.

hope this helps

Tim Owens

Experience with Caldera Lite?

Post by tsow.. » Sat, 22 Jun 1996 04:00:00

The Caldera Lite is a Nice Desktop it runs using fmwm that comes with a lot of nice
utilities. There is a upgrade function, so I loaded it brand new to see how well it
worked.  There are only two install disks either PC or Laptop for the Kernels.  The
Caldera installed better and easier than any other distribution that I have tried.
Caldera uses Red Hat install routines that makes it all easy.  Now for the book it is
for a newby and if you have any Linux time you may find it a bit lax in detail execpt
for the caldera section.

hope this helps

Tim Owens

1. Setting up a U.S. Robotics 56K Voice INT PnP in Caldera OpenLinux Lite

I am new to Linux and I am having trouble setting up my modem. I got
my Linux operating system from the book "The Complete Reference Linux,
second edition" and I followed what the book said and I then run
minicom and it freezes up. I then run minicom -s and I get a menu to
change my settings. Is there an easier way to setup my modem so that
it works in X-windows. I have X-windows working only in 16 color mode
because I have a Diamond Stealth G460.
My settings for my modem in Win98 are Com 2 and Irq 3.
Any help would be greatly appreciated but please remember I am new to
Linux.
I would prefer if you e-mailed me but I will take help anyway I can
get it. Thanks.

2. Anyone know where I can get the STREAMS DLPI spec?

3. Printing in Caldera open Linux lite 1.2

4. $80/mo colocation ...

5. Question: Caldera Lite and PPP (dynamic IP).

6. SCO Is Going Too Far

7. Caldera lite setup

8. How many SLIP and PPP sessions??

9. FREE Caldera OpenLinux Lite 1.2 CD-ROM

10. caldera Lite, XF86Config and Millenium

11. dialer in Caldera Lite?

12. Caldera Lite v 1.1 network question

13. How-to for Caldera Netware for Linux and OpenLinux 1.2 Lite?