Password history files and Linux............

Password history files and Linux............

Post by Steel Vipe » Fri, 20 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I was reading through my "Essential System Administration" book the
other day and noticed that only Digital UNIX and AIX have password
history capability. Does anyone know of a package for Linux that does
this? Or, does anyone have an opinion if this is really necessary if I
am using the Shadow password suite. Thanks in advance.

Steel Viper

1. Password history files and Linux.......

I was reading through my "Essential System Administration" book the
other day and noticed that only Digital UNIX and AIX have password
history capability. Does anyone know of a package for Linux that does
this? Or, does anyone have an opinion if this is really necessary if I
am using the Shadow password suite. Thanks in advance.

Steel Viper

2. gcc after Red Hat 5.1 Installation

3. Can't set root password- Password busy error -is not due to temp password file

4. multia kernel configuration

5. Converting old-style password file to new password/shadow file

6. Art and all that Jazz: muhammad's dog orders near our case after we sow beneath it

7. Matrox Mystique ands X.

8. wu.ftpd socket problem

9. ksh hangs attempting to lock history file on NFS mounted file system

10. Password History

11. Password history

12. PASSWORD HISTORY on Solaris

13. Password history.