How does Enlightenment remember "epplets" to run?

How does Enlightenment remember "epplets" to run?

Post by Andrew Puruggan » Fri, 14 Sep 2001 19:31:49

[ Anyone know how to fix this, possibly by editing an appropriate config file?
[ I don't really need 3 or 4 copies each of the clock, mixer, or CPU monitor
[ popping up when I log in. :-)

how do you get out of Enlightenment, IIRC if you logout cleanly (not using
ctl-alt-backspace) with the correct number of epplets it'll 'remember'
this
 --
jazz

Registered linux user no. 164098  +--+--+--+ Litestep user no. 386
Doesn't it bother you, that we have to search for intelligent life
--- OUT THERE??

How does Enlightenment remember "epplets" to run?

Post by Olly Smit » Fri, 14 Sep 2001 23:22:17

It's in ~/.enlightenment/...<something-i-can't-remember>-snapshots

When I was running e I used to keep a backup of a known good version of it,
eventually I set it to overwrite it with the backup every time I logged in.

I now don't use e any more, I got annoyed with it being a tad unstable for
my liking.

Olly

> >how do you get out of Enlightenment, IIRC if you logout cleanly (not
using
> >ctl-alt-backspace) with the correct number of epplets it'll 'remember'
> >this

> I've been logging out cleanly. Still getting multiple instances of the
> epplets I had running before the crash. Closing them is just not "taking,"

> So the question still remains, where does Enlightenment "remember" this
> stuff so I can hopefully change it manually? It's gotta be in a file
> *someplace* for it to be retained across reboots!

> --
>   Roger Blake
>   (remove second "g" and second "m" from address for email)

How does Enlightenment remember "epplets" to run?

Post by Olly Smit » Sat, 15 Sep 2001 01:01:40

hummm..

It should be one of the files in .enlightenment that begin with "..."
I was running the latest version of e at the time - 0.16.4 or 0.16.5 i
think, not sure.

HTH

Olly

Post by Andrew Puruggan » Sat, 15 Sep 2001 01:07:51

[ When I was running e I used to keep a backup of a known good version of it,
[ eventually I set it to overwrite it with the backup every time I logged in.

i think e uses caching & stores it somewhere in your home directory

try flushing that (start with a new cache) and see

--
jazz

Registered linux user no. 164098  +--+--+--+ Litestep user no. 386
Doesn't it bother you, that we have to search for intelligent life
--- OUT THERE??

1. Enlightenment "remembering" with 'wine - managed' problems

Hey guys...found a cool feature in wine that will let the windows apps
get managed by the current window manager.  Allows a lot more
flexibility, etc.  But i am having trouble having Enlightenment
remember the size & location of the windows.  I rightclick on the
active window and highlight "remember' and set the appropriate stuff.
As long as i am running the wine application, the dialog boxes that
pop up do get remembered, but once I re-start wine it does not
remember the settings.  Any help on getting this to be remembered
would be appreacited.

Could this be because I am running the wine app as root and X as
a user and the prefs can't be saved? (i've had that happen with a few
other native linux apps).

Thanks!

2. Unix Word Search Puzzle

4. Exemplary way to document sources, time allocated for it?

6. Swap not being used

7. Type "(", ")" and "{", "}" in X...

8. DYNAMIC FUNCTION LINK

9. Problem "mv"ing to DOS partition, "cp" is ok....

10. How to prevent users from doing "replyall" to "allusers" alias

11. Run C shell with "rlogin" and/or "xterm" commands

12. Interface "UP" but not "RUNNING"

13. Running Linux "headless" and "keyboardless"