WWW: OS News announces regular Linux column

WWW: OS News announces regular Linux column

Post by David Adam » Sat, 15 Nov 1997 04:00:00

http://www.osnews.com

OS News announces the launch of a regular column on Linux.  This week, an
introduction to Linux and its adherents.  We will be publishing new Linux
articles every week or two.  Also, check out our daily news for all the
happenings on the OS front.

OS News is an online magazine dedicated to alternative operating systems
and computing environments, and the technology driven by them.  Other
major high tech news sources are constrained by the mainstream, and can
give only scanty coverage to the most exciting aspect of computing:  the
leading edge, but OS News explores the future of computing, and since the
future is ours to create, we want our readers, the architects of that
future, to take part in the editorial process.

Recently OS News has been covering Rhapsody, Apple Computer's upcoming
operating system, Java, both as a language and an OS, the Be OS, Newton,
UNIX and Linux, Lucent's Inferno, Network Computer, information
appliances, even OS/2 and DOS.  We also cover emerging technologies and
do hardware and software reviews.

Feature articles:

http://www.osnews.com/features.html

Daily News:

http://www.osnews.com/news.html

For more information, or to submit Linux news or complete articles, email

1. Announcing regular Linux column at OS News

http://www.osnews.com

OS News announces the launch of a regular column on Linux.  This week, an
introduction to Linux and its adherents.  We will be publishing new Linux
articles every week or two.  Also, check out our daily news for all the
happenings on the OS front.  Power PC fans might also be interested in
several articles from last month's focus on Rhapsody, Apple's UNIX-based
next generation OS.

OS News is an online magazine dedicated to alternative operating systems
and computing environments, and the technology driven by them.  Other
major high tech news sources are constrained by the mainstream, and can
give only scanty coverage to the most exciting aspect of computing:  the
leading edge, but OS News explores the future of computing, and since the
future is ours to create, we want our readers, the architects of that
future, to take part in the editorial process.

Recently OS News has been covering Rhapsody, Java, both as a language and
an OS, the Be OS, Newton, UNIX and Linux, Lucent's Inferno, Network
Computers, information appliances, even OS/2 and DOS.  We also cover
emerging technologies and do hardware and software reviews.

Feature articles:

http://www.osnews.com/features.html

Daily News:

http://www.osnews.com/news.html

For more information, or to submit Linux news or complete articles, email

2. How to restrict email users

3. WavPlay -- Announcing www page & news

4. fortune-0.1 - simple, small, fast fortune program

5. comp.os.linux, comp.os.linux.misc, comp.os.linux.security, comp.os.linux.networking

6. Wow, an actual survey (Linux dissatisfactions and wish-lists)

7. ANNOUNCE: Caldera's $99 WWW server/router OS

8. Why a 301 Moved Permanently ?

9. OS/2 NEWS: IBM announces microkernel research agreement with U. Miami

10. alt.os.linux, comp.os.linux.hardware, comp.os.linux.misc

11. comp.os.linux, comp.os.linux.questions, comp.os.linux.misc

12. Lots of News Today: Mandrake Linux 9.0 for AMD 64-bit, Red Hat Announces Enterprise Linux

13. ANNOUNCE: Linux New Media Architecture (JAVA/TCL/GROW/WWW/ETC)