redhat support

Post by Mladen Gavrilovi » Sun, 11 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I registered for redhat's online support thing a few days ago, and sent
them a question I had about my Linux OS.  A few days later, I got a
response from a guy who said he'd send it to a level 2 tech, and that
they've been having technical difficulties so responses might take
longer than usual.  But this stuff should only last a few hours (system
downtime) or a day at the most right?  I still don't have a reply from
them, after more than a week of waiting.  Does anyone else have this
problem?  Should I send them another ticket, in case the first one got
messed up somehow?

Regards,

Milan

1. Problem "beyond the ability" of redhat support =) -- telnet and redhat 6.0

Hi,

I have setup my linux box and everything except telnet works ok.
When I do a telnet to my computer it actually opens and stablishes a
connection and i get to see in my terminal the contents of the issue.net
file, but i doesn't show me the log in prompt!!!!  it gets stuck there and
later on closes my connection because of time out...

now, the PATH is ok: /bin
the login program is working all right too, i have tested it several times
the permissions in /bin/login are ok too.
i also tried telling telnet where login lives wit the "-D /bin/login"
option.
i called redhat support and they told me that this problem is "beyond their
ability" and refered me to this newsgroup...  =)  (no kidding!!!)

any ideas?

thanks!
Carlos

2. Hard disk space...

3. Tracking RedHat updates without a RedHat support contract

4. Partition Software

5. Does Redhat support Canon MultiPass C5000 printer?

6. IP address and MAC correlation

7. Redhat support for Intel D815EEAL Motherboard?

8. Adding Fields to Password Files?

9. RedHat support for SMC/WD

10. redhat support for lto2 tape??

11. Looking for comercial Redhat support in NY area.

12. FAT32 - Redhat support question (not the patch)

13. USB Sound Card: RedHat Supported?