Doom for Linux?

Post by Beverly J. Bro » Wed, 29 Jun 1994 13:49:28

I heard that there is a version of DOOM that runs under Linux. Where can I
find it?

Beverly J. Brown

Doom for Linux?

Post by Chris Howa » Fri, 01 Jul 1994 04:02:33

id has put Doom for Linux on the "Backburner".  They say they are too busy
with JagDoom and Doom ][.  Oh well.....

Post by William Hoffm » Sun, 10 Jul 1994 12:50:52

>id has put Doom for Linux on the "Backburner".  They say they are too busy
>with JagDoom and Doom ][.  Oh well.....

Hey, give 'em my number.  I'll port it for them.  ;)

George Hoffman

Doom for Linux?

Post by Sam Oscar Lantin » Wed, 13 Jul 1994 01:01:13

: Hey, give 'em my number.  I'll port it for them.  ;)

        Yeah, that's what I tried.
I got back a message saying the project has been put on the back
burner, and to my offer to help port Doom for X?  Nothing.
It seemed to have gone flushed down /dev/null.

Bummer.

        -Sam

Doom for Linux?

Post by Jeff Some » Wed, 13 Jul 1994 03:02:20

[snip]
|> I got back a message saying the project has been put on the back
|> burner, and to my offer to help port Doom for X?  Nothing.
|> It seemed to have gone flushed down /dev/null.
|>
|> Bummer.
|>
|>   -Sam

Posted in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action:

Article: 39317 of comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action

Newsgroups: alt.games.doom,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: idNews: DOOM v1.5 beta available.
Date: 8 Jul 1994 22:05:13 -0500

[snip]

UNIX stuff:

        The SGI port is almost done.  I'll be showing it off with
        SGI at SIGGRAPH in Florida.  It's not a massively upscaled
        version of the game, but it's comforting to watch.  :)

        I've recently learned that Hannu plans to add some hip
        stuff to his sound library for Linux to reduce pops and
        clicks.  Will wait on the release of Linux DOOM until it's
        completed and integrated.

Movie stuff:

        Looks like it just might happen.  Apparently, a fair chunk
        of Hollywood is actually *ed to DOOM.  It's probably
        helping.  Our agent is working * this.  Will let
        y'all know soon as we have a solid chunk of details about it.

Until next time...

        =-ddt->

---

They have an agent?  Maybe Linus should get one.  Can't you see it now --
"Linux, the Motion Picture".  Complete with car chases around Scandanavia,
with Bill Gates as the Evil Villain, determined to wipe out all resistance
to the domination of the galaxy by the Microsoft Empire.

Jeff Somers