getty and kermit -- how ??

Post by Sergei Naumo » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi!
I need to set up the machine in such a way, that a person could
call to my machine and get a kermit session, so he could transfer
files. I guess, I'd need to grab a tty with getty and run kermit
(or something like that) through it.

Anybody did this before? Thanks

--
++++++++++++ http://sunsite.oit.unc.edu/sergei/Me/Serge.html ++++++++++

+Department of Physics & Astronomy, UNC-CH, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA+
++++++++++++++++++ !! 8 bit (Cyrillic) mail accepted !!++++++++++++++++

getty and kermit -- how ??

Post by Frank da Cr » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

: I need to set up the machine in such a way, that a person could
: call to my machine and get a kermit session, so he could transfer
: files. I guess, I'd need to grab a tty with getty and run kermit
: (or something like that) through it.
:
One way to do this is to set up a user ID that has Kermit as its login
shell.  The .kermrc file for that ID would set up all the security
(DISABLE this, DISABLE that, whatever you need) and then enter server
mode.  When the client hangs up or sends BYE or FINISH, the job exits.
More info on Kermit at:

  http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/

- Frank

1. getty with Seyon/Kermit/Minicom/etc.

Hello world,
   This might seem like a stupid question, but I'm running getty on
my modem (/dev/ttyS0) so it will answer the phone when I get calls.
I also, however, use the modem to call out with seyon, kermit, etc.
How can I, without reediting my inittab file, temporarily get rid of
my getty process so I can use seyon, then reenable it when I'm done?

                                     Thanks
                                        Kenneth P. Persing

Standard disclaimers applied, still apply, and always will apply. forever.

2. Can't run an init 6 on an E450.

3. getty, kermit problem/configuration

4. Strange behaviour disksuite 4.2 solaris 7

5. Matrox Mystique ands X.

6. Question about "inetinit"

7. Kermit - How do I escape to a local kermit from a telnet session?

8. Netscape 4.5 does not work ob Radhat 4.2

9. Is a getty server replacing multiple getty processes feasable?

10. Info-Kermit Digest V2 #9, C-Kermit Release #2

11. fax getty and data getty?

12. Announcing C-Kermit 7.0 and G-Kermit 1.00