(1 on 1 copy for CD) CD copy of PSX-CD's

(1 on 1 copy for CD) CD copy of PSX-CD's

Post by Raymonds Doetje » Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I need to copy some PSX CD's.
But I can't use mkisofs nor dd, because there are some explicit errors
on the CD. Is there a tool that makes a 1 on 1 images from a CD so that
I can burn that?

Raymond

(1 on 1 copy for CD) CD copy of PSX-CD's

Post by Sam Trenhol » Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I need to copy some PSX CD's.

Oh, really?  Before I help you with something like THIS, you had better
have a very good story as to how your actions are completely legal.

- Sam

--
"Reality is the most perfect vision of God's will" -- Orson Scott Card
The email address used to post this will time out in two weeks

Post by Collin W. Hitchco » Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> >I need to copy some PSX CD's.

> Oh, really?  Before I help you with something like THIS, you had better
> have a very good story as to how your actions are completely legal.

Anyone can make legal backup copies of CDs they own.

I suppose if you worked at a gas station and he wanted a fill up,
you'd make him prove he obeyed the speed limit before you sold him
gas.

Collin

1. CD to CD copying using cdrecord- trashed two CD's

Hi All,
I was doing CD writing in windows using Nero. Since the buffer used was
fluctuating wildly during writing (though it did not affect the quality on
the copied CD), I thought I will switch to Linux for CD writing.

Output of cdrecord -scanbus was 0,0,0.

I use ASUS 2410 A (24X 10X 40X) CD writer.
I used koncd to do CD writing. Usually I create a directory, copy the master
CD contents in it, and use "Data CD" option of koncd, indicate the newly
created Source directory and complete the CD Writing without
any problem. But if I want to do CD to CD copying , koncd will start, but
will eject the CD with error message 255.
I thought I will do CD writing using commandline using cdrecord. I read the
CD writing howto which said for CD to CD copying give the following command

"cdrecord -v dev=0,6,0 speed=2 -isosize /dev/scd0"
My CD ROM drive is /dev/hdd, cdwriter is /dev/hdc (/dev/cdrom, /dev/cdrom1).
I put master CD in CDROM drive, blank CD in my CD Writer.
Since my cdrecord -scanbus output was dev=0,0,0
I gave the following command
"cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 speed=8 -isosize /dev/cdrom"
in pure CLI mode (no X). writing began and  it wrote 576 KB of data and
trashed the CD.
Tried it again . Same result.
What mistake am I committing?
Pl help.

N S Srikanth

2. Compilation Problem

3. Problem- Video CD- CD to CD copying- Does not play in hardware player

4. Gnome Evolution and YDL

5. Can dd copy copy-protected CD's?

6. dsniff

7. Can I copy a CD to mutltiple CD-R's at the same time ?

8. Any utility to open/view Btrieve files on AIX?

9. Copying Copy Protected CD-ROMs

10. Can Linux be used to copy copy-protected CDs?

11. CD to Cd copy

12. cdrecord question: CD to CD copy

13. CD to CD copy